Favorite spot to take a 3-6 mile hike

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
Batona Trail from Batsto to the river and Back. There's also a nature trail behind The atsion Office that will give you a few miles of walking thru a variety of flora and fauna

virgos

Explorer
Mar 25, 2007
Deep Hollow to Pakim Pond? Where is this at?

Deep Hollow to Pakim Pond? Where is this at?

Thanks
Ken

NJHIKERADAM

Scout
Jul 19, 2006
A walk through Double Trouble during Cranberry Harvesting is nice. Explore the old buildings, one mile or so nature trail get off the beaten path and stumble upon the Crabbe family Cemeterey..You could easily put in 3 miles here..

NJHIKERADAM

Scout
Jul 19, 2006
One of my favorite hikes is the Mullica River Trail from Atsion to Batsto.. Its 9miles one way so you would either have to set up a shuttle or enjoy longer hikes..

Another is Batona Camp to Apple Pie Hill Fire Tower( I moved from Jersey in 2007 Is that tower still there?) Again a little longer at about 8 miles but well worth it if you ask me.. Plus you can visit Carranza Memorial when completed.

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
One of my favorite hikes is the Mullica River Trail from Atsion to Batsto.. Its 9miles one way so you would either have to set up a shuttle or enjoy longer hikes..

Another is Batona Camp to Apple Pie Hill Fire Tower( I moved from Jersey in 2007 Is that tower still there?) Again a little longer at about 8 miles but well worth it if you ask me.. Plus you can visit Carranza Memorial when completed.

Agreed (actually it's 9.5 mi ;-) ), it's very well marked too so you can't lose your way. It's almost too well marked now with the recent trail marker additions.

Yup, the Apple Pie Hill tower is still there, and climbable.