Firearms

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Shore Shot is open to the public and has walk-ons. I wasn't a member when I was shooting there. It was pricey, around eighty dollars for one hour and that included a rental fee, ammunition and a lane. The price of ammunition was most of the cost. It was beneficial for me because, I found out the pistol I wanted was a horrible fit for my hand. Even though I loved the looks of the gun, I couldn't shoot it accurately. Buying it would have been a waste of money.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Yep, we're talking about firearems in the great state of NJ. NJ is one of the strickest in the nation as it relates to firearms. Yes, a normal "Joe" in NJ can own rifles and shotguns and Yes, that same normal "Joe" can owned handguns and pistols. Concealed carry of a handgun in NJ is pretty much non-existant for the normal "Joe" of the state. NJ goes out of its way to make it a hassle to obtain handguns. Rifles and shotguns is pretty easy, with a few forms, a couple references and waiting several weeks. Then you can purchase shotguns and rifles, pretty much unlimited, however there are restrictions on certain models and like-models, depending on a variety of things. The laws are many and confusing. As for handguns, you must apply for each permit and you need a permit for every handgun you purchase. You must wait 30-days between purchases. The only saving grace is that you can apply for multiple handgun permits at once, understanding they expire in 90-days and able to be extended once.