First snow

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Happiness :D A neighbors pooch that came over to play.

162400229.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Sometime in the future they'll be able to say "I told you so" :D

Actually it was very specific. I think this is like the robo-call I got from Atlantic City electric. Some consultant probably analyzed their response to Sandy and advised them to "communicate" more with their customers. :rolleyes:

warning.jpg

Last edited:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It is their attempt to make weather entertainment. I wonder if they plan on retiring infamous Nor'easters(another new term I despise!)?

I'm okay with Nor'easter because it's a traditional way of saying it, probably originated by the salt 'O the earth New Englanders who watched the weather carefully. It is proper (to me) to say.." the Nor'easter of March in 1892 was a brute". But, what are we supposed to do with Jonas?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I'm just not into them naming northeasters. Sounds forced, like they hope we adopt the name.

It's a marketing thing from the Weather Channel. I hate it….

http://www.nytimes.com/live/winter-storm-jonas/weather-channel-storm-naming-tk/

"The Weather Channel has been naming winter storms since 2012, a practice that has annoyed some but also brought the network a lot of attention and played very well on social media. The terms “winter storm” and “Jonas” dominated Internet search engine rankings on Thursday, encouraging other news media outlets to adopt the name as well."

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It's a marketing thing from the Weather Channel. I hate it….

http://www.nytimes.com/live/winter-storm-jonas/weather-channel-storm-naming-tk/

"The Weather Channel has been naming winter storms since 2012, a practice that has annoyed some but also brought the network a lot of attention and played very well on social media. The terms “winter storm” and “Jonas” dominated Internet search engine rankings on Thursday, encouraging other news media outlets to adopt the name as well."

It's a Lebanon/Brendan Byrne kinda thing. Just another reason not to watch the WEC :D