First Snow

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Well,
Thanksgiving was the call, at least here in Pestletown.
Started snowing while I was listening to "Alice's Restaurant" on MMR, so about 10:15A.M.
Just a tiny bit of the falling white, but snow just the same.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

g.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Downtown Chatsworth, Wednesday, Dec 15.

3" at 6PM.

Well you weren't too far off Bob. I had between 1"-2" yesterday, December 16. Don't know what happened in Chatsworth.

But it sure made yesterday the "commute from hell". Left the office in downtown Philadelphia at 4:45 and didn't even realize it had snowed until I left the building. Really nothing on the ground, but it froze on the streets and the whole downtown was a sheet of ice. Took me 3 hours 20 minutes to get home (two hours longer than usual). The first 3.5 miles took an hour (from 15th and Locust to the Walt Whitman bridge). Gridlock everywhere and incredibly slippery streets. Two hours out, I had reached the entrance to the Atlantic City Expressway. Got off at Williamstown and took little back roads the rest of the way. Passed very few cars and it was a nice ride.

Looks like we have more on the way starting tomorrow night...

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
A few people I work with had the same problem down that way. It took me 20 minutes extra. There must have been an accident on 42 because Rob from work told me when he finally made it to 42 on his way to bowling the lanes in his direction were empty. He had the road to himself.

I have to say that the car I have now is the worst car I have ever owned for driving in snow. And it is the same car as my other one. It has to be the brand of tire. I have noticed that it does not do as well in the sugar sand. I have a feeling I may get stuck often.

Guy