fishing??????

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
All the work they put into Strawbridge lake in Moorestown and it is still only a step above water treatment discharge. It has a number of deep holes yet the water hardly moves. Good luck any way

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
All the work they put into Strawbridge lake in Moorestown and it is still only a step above water treatment discharge. It has a number of deep holes yet the water hardly moves. Good luck any way

Tom, I agree. Starwbridge isn't my first choice to fish, but it was a spur of the moment decision at the time.

I'd really like to find a pond or lake thats fairly good for fish in the pines.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I have been fishing quite a bit this week(freshwater) with no fish being caught. I still think the water is too cold. best i can say for the pines at this tempature. is to use maybe a purplish (bright) rubber worm and SLOWLY bounce it off the bottom.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
I have good luck fishing a j-7 jointed floating rapala minnow in silver when the water is cold. I will fish timber structure with a slow retreive with some pauses and twitches mixed in. Don't waste your time on the "catfish" they are yellow bullhead and a 1 lbs fish is a good one and if you do fish for them watch out for their fin spines they will ruin your day.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I've caught pickerel in Pakim Pond and I think a perch once. Nothing big. Fish by the bridge by the inflow-both sides. If you want catfish, go to presidential lakes. It is probably still drained but there might still be some water at the bridge (not route 70). I caught crazy amounts of catfish in there. They are a dime a dozen in there. And I wasn't even going for catfish.

I have it on good authority that there are channel cats in there also, but they'll snap your line.

Jeff

pickerelfisher

Apr 9, 2009
Forked River
I was doing better a couple weeks ago (mid/late March) at Colliers Mills (1st pond), but this week has been tough. Caught pickerel (10" - 18") with floating rapalas retrieved slow and with pauses. Also with killies.

Haven't pulled anything from Turnmill pond yet.

Caught a couple small pickerel (10") at Bamber Lake w/ killies. Tried the rapala there, and they just watched it go by.... Has anyone caught anything fishing the old bog behind Bamber (in Carusoville)? The only thing biting was turtles the one time I tried it.

Caught a couple largemouth bass (small @ 12") at Wells Mills on shiners and floating rapalas retrieved slow and with pauses in early March.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I posted this picture some time ago. That is a very nice sized pickerel being downed by the Great Blue Heron. Twas at Whitesbog, will have to give it a try with the Hornbeck some day. Tomorrow its all about Trout :dance:

3285097077_2fdedc802b.jpg

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
AHHHHHH !!!!! Pickerel Fishing in the pines ,Nothing better,I fish six spots in a row ,starting in chatsworth and ending at batsto, Great Fun. They smash everything right now, very ranenous

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Yesterday my son and some co-workers hit a lake in Belleplain that we have fished every Good Friday as an annual tradition for about the last 15 years.
I managed two decent bass, the bigger of the two is shown here.

100_3369.jpg

We caught about 30 pickerel but many were cigar size and my favorite for eating, yellow perch, were all but a no-show.
The water was cold but the weather was beautiful and as they say, it beat a good day at work.

Here is proof that the State's "Pack in-Pack out' policy is working beautifully.

100_3373.jpg

Scott

Oct 25, 2006
Yesterday my son and some co-workers hit a lake in Belleplain that we have fished every Good Friday as an annual tradition for about the last 15 years.
I managed two decent bass, the bigger of the two is shown here.

100_3369.jpg

We caught about 30 pickerel but many were cigar size and my favorite for eating, yellow perch, were all but a no-show.
The water was cold but the weather was beautiful and as they say, it beat a good day at work.

Here is proof that the State's "Pack in-Pack out' policy is working beautifully.

100_3373.jpg

Scott

Nice Bass Scott, due to the lack of knowledge on the freshwater scene, is that a Largemouth or a Smallmouth Bass ?

Jim