Forked River Mountain Cleanup

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The cleanup is scheduled for this Sunday, April 27th. The meeting location is Wells Mills County Park at 8:30 am. Chris Hewey and I need a couple more people on our team for the bogs behind Bamber. Things have really gotten bad this year in regards to dumping. It is probably related to post-Sandy construction.

Isn't it nice that people are making money hand over fist and still don't mind driving out to the woods to dump their crap?

Anyway, let me know if you can come.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Hi Bob,
Let me know if you can use my truck behind Bamber Sunday. I just got some stitches in my right hand, so Im not sure how much of a help I'll be, but we can certainly use my truck and load up the bed. Hope all is well.
Mike

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Hi Bob,
Let me know if you can use my truck behind Bamber Sunday. I just got some stitches in my right hand, so Im not sure how much of a help I'll be, but we can certainly use my truck and load up the bed. Hope all is well.
Mike

Mike, no, we won't be needing it. But thanks anyway.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ok, I will just be sitting in bamber anyway so let me know if u change ur mind. I can manage picking up some of the smaller trash.

No need to risk infection on the hand Mike. But if you want to drop in and see us we'll be at Carusoville, the bogs behind the lake. Somebody dumped a load of windows, plus we dragged a lot of material there from various other places for pickup by a loader

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Bob,
I will def stop back there. I can at least pick up empty cans, bottles, and cig packs. I can't believe how dirty the woods have gotten, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. There is now a new dirt road near the end of my street that a tractor trailer could fit down. New bottles and cans everywhere. I also can't believe how bad they tore the puddles up on the main roads. What the h$ll is wrong with kids today?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Our morning began at Carrusoville where we again returned to clean up the mess that others make. Rednek's dog immediately sensed there was something in the mostly empty dumpster and brought it to our attention. A quick examination of the dumpster made a believer out of us.

IMG_4371.JPG

The dozer driver thinks it was sleeping in the pile of wood he first dumped. What a way to wake up! It was so scared it tried as best it could to get tight into the corner.

IMG_4372.JPG

IMG_4375.JPG

Our very own Hewey saved the day by opening the dumpster door and it ran right by the both of us on it's way to freedom.

This shows the amount of trash we picked up in less than 2.5 hours.

IMG_4382.JPG

Working to keep the road closed where dumper seem to be drawn to.

IMG_4383.JPG

And when the day was over we met up with our very own PBXMickey on the top of the Forked River Mountain.

IMG_4392.JPG

Mickey and Hewey in deep conversation.

IMG_4396.JPG

Rednek at the highest point.

IMG_4399.JPG

When we were finished we headed over to Bamber Lake and spent a few hours enjoying the rest of the day. The wind on the lake was quite intense.

IMG_4401.JPG

A large red-belly not wanting to get out of the sun.

IMG_4403.JPG

And we found what we really were after but not quite looking up to par this year.

IMG_4404.jpg

IMG_4421a.jpg

Pinelandpaddler, his companion Liz along with Hewey on the way back.

IMG_4425.JPG

And then the day was over as I sat in the back of Rednek's truck keeping the cargo inside. As Jessica entered my car for the final ride home she summed the day up when she said "I am glad I came today." I could not have said it better. Thank you to all who made the day a good one.

IMG_4426.JPG

Guy

Reactions: John and Ben Ruset

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Good times indeed. It's a shame it was centered around cleaning up trash left by the growing segment of society who were born without a conscience.

Murph's boundless energy finally waned and he slept like a rock last night.