Forked River Mountains

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They may keep the roads fixed up or they may close some of them. Lets hope things do not change too much. In any event, it is best to have the county own it.

Reactions: bobpbx

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Looking at some past purchases I doubt they'll spend $$ on road maintenance and some road closures are certainly a strong possibility.
It's better that OC bought the land in place of some other entities. In reality the past owner did no harm considering it's a construction development co.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Not being totally sure about when he acquired the land, there was damage by the owner in the 70s when a mountain was removed. But all in all I agree.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Bartlett has been instrumental in pushing for the acquisitions of the lands in the NLTF program. He has had a rough time over recent years.

These county lands are open, but not designated recreational areas in the true sense, I.E. there are no picnic areas, ball fields, visitor centers, etc;

Please remember that the purpose of the Natural Lands Trust Fund Program is to protect and preserve natural resource and environmentally sensitive areas. Passive recreation opportunities should not interfere with the overall objective of the program.

http://www.planning.co.ocean.nj.us/frmEPNaturalLandTrust

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Not being totally sure about when he acquired the land, there was damage by the owner in the 70s when a mountain was removed. But all in all I agree.

I don't know how long they owned it either. A couple years ago I seen the posted signs, a sportsman club game preserve [forget name]. Doing research brought up Brunetti and his development co. Looking at the tax map I was taken back on just how much land he owned.
Wondering if he owned it prior to the Pinelands commission and the restriction on pinelands development west of the parkway? I spent a lot of time in those woods and never seen signs..

What hill are you referring to? All that clearing behind Brick Wall co. I thought was them, no? Isn't that land now Nature Conservancy? Do you know who owned it prior to the NC?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Actually, it was the sand company that took the hill. I was mistaken.