Forum Upgrade - Post all Bugs, Comments, and Issues Here.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I say good move. I would suggest that all users empty the cache on your browsers. Also, the smilies are there you just need to hit the "Go Advanced" button and not use the quick reply. :dance:

Guy

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
The first thing I had a habit of doing on the old format was looking at the bottom of the Forums screen to read the list of most recent posts.....it kind of gave me a heads up to the type of day the site was having. Is that view still somewhere around here? The second thing that caught my eye was that the individual posts do not have a date/time on them unless you change your display mode and then the date/time is listed with persons posting on the top of the thread.....

Please note that I am only "feedbacking".....not complaining. These are things that caught my attention. Now I will attempt to load a photo.....:dance:

Turtle

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The thing that generated that summary was an add on that has not been updated for this version of the software. You can, however, click on the "What's new?" link at the top of the forums and it should give you an overview of the things that have been posted on the site since your last visit.

I see the date/time on the posts just fine. What browser/display mode do you use? Can you send me a screenshot?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I see the date and time also.

One thing that sticks out is when I click on "Reply To Thread" it puts my curser directly into the Quick Reply. However, I don't always see that and keep clicking on the "Reply to Thread". If someone new tries to post I can see them giving up thinking it is not working. Can you have it go directly to "Go Advanced"? When you edit a post it does that.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ben,

When you go to the gallery the alphabet used to find a members gallery is really small and hard to see.

gallery.jpg

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ben, I think the forum front page is too wide and the color for the topic text (on the right) is too light green. Not contrasted enough.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Observation

When you prompt "Find all posts" or "Find forum posts" on a members profile, you will only receive a list of posts since the changeover. All other posts are not on the list.

John-

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
It's working good now, Ben. Getting all members posts except my own. I logged out and was able to retrieve them. Don't know why I can't see them when I'm logged on. Maybe I'm supposed to remember them all. :)

Very nice, so far. It's not really much of a change in navigating the forums, mainly in appearance. And it looks great!

Thanx for all your dedication and hard work.

John-

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
No problems at all Ben. Running XP SP3, IE8. I like the new look. Thanks for the effort, it is appreciated. :guinness:

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
O.K.,
I see Guy's post on this and might have missed the answer. I go right to Quick Reply. Any reason?
I had 2 applications open, one on Firefox and one on IE6, Mehh, not much different except some screen sizing thing going on.
Navigating has been tricky probably just because my eyes are bugging a little with the new contrasts.
Guess I'll just keep messing with it.

Oh! I might add, I thought someone said the smilies were FUBAR. I see they are not. I am sad. I hate smilies, almost, as much as the Beatles. To equate the smiley properly I must mirror words from a favored author on another matter and state that,
I believe the invention of the Smiley heralds the day of the beginning of mankind into the wretched state that we are in now.

g.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
For most folks, Quick Reply is going to be all they need to just post a simple reply. If you want to go to the full reply screen, say to attach something to your post or whatnot, click on "go advanced."

As far as the contrast goes, I changed the color of the links from that olive green to a dark green. It's dark green on white, and black text on white. I don't know how else I can make it any more contrasted than that. If anything I think that this new layout is easier on the eyes than the old - before it was tan everywhere, now it's white.

And the real downfall of humankind will be people who pst usng txt msg abbreviations. Kno wht I mn?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I am not crazy about having to type replies at the bottom of the page, and the text size in the quick reply is very small. Also, if you have a "location" which is too long to fit in the space, it just truncates it instead of wrapping like the old software.

None of this is a big deal, but you asked for feedback... :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I received a PM today and there were odd characters in it in two different places.

�misunderstandings�.

Guy