found 2 very old trucks

AnotherGoodGuy

Jul 3, 2009
Both of those trucks have been there since before the mid 70s when I first stumbled upon them.

They look just the same now as they did then, so my best guess is they've been there from sometime.

Maybe early to mid 60s.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I don't think 46er has visited the truck and that tag is from some other vehicle.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I don't think 46er has visited the truck and that tag is from some other vehicle.

Guy

True, that tag is a sample. The tags changed over the years. I'll be visiting in the colder months :D

Link to Dodge info sites showing the changes in the tags;

http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/know/vin/model.htm

Go to model B-2-G, the serial # for the derelict fits in there.

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/partspages/SerialNumberGuide1920-57/slide013.html

This is a lot like doing family genealogy, but easier :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
And while we're talking Dodge's, here's a very nice Power Wagon I saw out in Montauk, still living a useful life. Would love to have one of these for IBSP :)

3741173908_5fcf0c93ae_o.jpg

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
And while we're talking Dodge's, here's a very nice Power Wagon I saw out in Montauk, still living a useful life. Would love to have one of these for IBSP :)

Power Wagons, late 60's Broncos and IH Scouts, and old Willy's... I have an unnatural love for them all.

Somewhere down there last weekend I saw a deuce-and-a-half for sale, looked like 70's vintage. You could open up a few overgrown roads with that bad boy.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
guy where the numbers good pretty cool still lookin

The numbers were good although the way you wrote them in the post confused me a little. I only put one coordinate in my GPS, and when I found the Ford the Dodge was nowhere to be found. I realized how you got there and there were clues as to what directions to go to look for it, but I was not sure how far to go. So the photo of Jessica in this thread on the phone was her getting my other daughter to go in my computer and text over the cords. Even then I was confused and went the wrong way. Jessica kept telling me where to go but I ignored her, and in the end she was correct. We just followed the clues she came up with and soon saw it. They were not as close as I thought they were.

Guy

reelboys

Scout
Dec 22, 2008
holy park nj
also found

Guy we came onto what looks like a 200 yard round clearing scaped clean no stumps no stands, no trail in all brush haul way back into woods what is strange thou small metal flags very rusted out lining 3 rings around area 50 yards wide will try to photo and pm you not post .strange no sign of man or tracks or trash very long hike in

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy we came onto what looks like a 200 yard round clearing scaped clean no stumps no stands, no trail in all brush haul way back into woods what is strange thou small metal flags very rusted out lining 3 rings around area 50 yards wide will try to photo and pm you not post .strange no sign of man or tracks or trash very long hike in

I believe I know where it is. I will PM you. Please don't give out the coordinates here.

Guy