Found Beagle on Rte. 206 4-21-13

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well it is timely that someone revived this thread today.
I thought it was strange that I hadn't heard anything from the person who was going to take the dog so I sent him a PM through another website on Monday. I was contacted this morning and found out that he never came down to take the dog !

I spoke with the person who was holding him (I have his number, he doesn't have mine) and he is still caring for this dog.

I am trying a rescue that my sister recommended but I am open to all options. (Not including euthanasia)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Scott, put him on Craigs List. I offloaded a dog one time. Just try and get someone who is decent.

I had a beagle when I lived in Presidential Lakes. Snoopy was her name. I'd go in the woods or fishing, and she'd be running a rabbit or something. You'd hear her yelp every once in awhile (on the trail). I used to point to a mole tunnel and say "get 'em Snoop!"...and she'd dig it like crazy trying to get it...snuffing all the while.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Scott Your a Good Man!

Thanks dogg but I am not half as good as the piney I left the dog with and who still refuses to take a dime for dog food.
I'll make that right later.

Today I spent a frustrating two hours calling various local rescues and shelters. There are a lot of hoops to jump through to relocate a stray, as I found out.

Thankfully, I received a call late this afternoon from a woman in Hammonton who makes it her life's mission to save dogs. She dismissed most of the bullshit I was hearing and said she would make this thing happen. An hour later she sent me a text saying that she has a home lined up for the dog already ! I am hoping everything works out as planned.

I do hereby dub him, "Lucky"

Reactions: Teegate

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Scott, make sure you look at her place. When we got rid of the poodle, a woman from down by Egg Harbor also claimed to be into rescues...she said come on down. It was in a trailer park and she had about 4 dogs crowded into a fenced-in little filthy plot of dirt. I didn't even stop, drove right back home. I could not do it, even though I did not want the dog.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Scott, make sure you look at her place. When we got rid of the poodle, a woman from down by Egg Harbor also claimed to be into rescues...she said come on down. It was in a trailer park and she had about 4 dogs crowded into a fenced-in little filthy plot of dirt. I didn't even stop, drove right back home. I could not do it, even though I did not want the dog.

This woman is very legit with an amazing amount of drive.
I found this article :

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_0fa02c77-fb26-5b5c-b23a-080330277af7.html

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
The saga has reached a happy closure after 6 weeks.
The women took him for a heartworm test (negative), lymes test (positive) and had him neutered (Ouch!) He was not chipped.
As of Friday, he was off to NY to a rescue that has list of people waiting to adopt beagles.

I raise a glass to that woman and to all who do what she does !
:)

Reactions: Gibby

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Red, now aren't you glad you stopped!:) You saved the life of the beagle and now someone will receive his unconditional love. You may have started a chain reaction of some sorts.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
He is with Pets Alive Animal Sanctuary in Middletown NY.
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/26276660

Here is funny but not relevent.... I went to college in Middletown NY...also went to the police academy there, got my first apartment there, worked all the Easyriders Rodeos there, hung out with David Allan Coe there, threw frisbees with Gene Simmons and Ace Frehley there and...never mind the rest! Wow!!! That was a blast from the past!!!!!