Framed Pieces of Wreckage of Emilio Carranza's Plane

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Might be. I would think that there were people who visited the area after the crash and found things.

Guy

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Well, there might be, but your first question is certainly valid. The way something like this builds authenticity is through a succession of knowlegeable buyers accepting the provenance. If it were ever sold by an auction house they might do their own work up on it too.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
Maybe I can get something for the pieces of wreckage I found from an old plane crash at Wells Mills:dance:. Cliff Oakley told me it was a navy plane out of Lakehurst that crashed just after WWll.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
For some types of artifacts, like coins, there are "governing" or recognized authorities who might issue a COA. For the most part, though, what a COA represents is a guarantee by the seller that you will be reimbursed if the artifact proves to be a fake. Wallberg and one of the appraisers on AR were talking about this on the last episode in Louisville. The appraiser (that jolly fellow with the deep southern accent who does all the civil war appraisals) said that any reputable dealer will issue a COA because "if something's real, then it stays real."

I just bid on it a couple times myself. its up to $110.00ish. I dont know though if i was gonna pay that kind of money I would want something as a guarentee. I have pieces of an airplane wreck from 1969 that look similar to those and if i posted them as of those of carranzas who would know the difference. im sure there are people that would know actually but what kind of guarentee is there to get your money back if its not.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I have a framed piece of a chip from a wood beam from Independence Hall that supported the floor upon which the Declaration of Independence was signed.
It was taken from the building during its first renovation in 1897.
On the back is a copy of sworn affidavit from Samuel Reeves, the superintendent of Independence Hall from 1892-1908 certifying that it came from said beam.
My father got it from his grandfather in the 1920's.
It is in pretty good condition.
Can I retire if I sell it?
:)

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
What kind of squalor would you like to live in during your retirement?
I'll trade you my piece of Titanic coal.

I apologize but it turns out I misworded that ad when I sold you the coal, jburd. It should actually have read "titanic piece of coal." I really do apologize, and by the way, do have a cel # I can give the truck driver?

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
I apologize but it turns out I misworded that ad when I sold you the coal, jburd. It should actually have read "titanic piece of coal." I really do apologize, and by the way, do have a cel # I can give the truck driver?

Geez, there goes my plans to chop it up and make my money back.