Franklin Parker Preserve ?

pineyhunter

Jun 7, 2009
Gibbstown
Has anyone here joined Franklin Parker Preserve for hunting. What needs to be done,how much $,is it worth it ?? I've hunted near the Eagle Road area for years and lost alot of good hunting ground. Any help would be great !!

MartGBC

Scout
Sep 10, 2008
Glendora
Eamil them for infromation. It costs 75$ and 1 day to help clean up. They will assign you an area to hunt. I may be wrong but ask them for the lastest info.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
RednekF350 inquired about hunting there. You are put on a list and must prove you have one million dollars insurance.

Guy

pineyhunter

Jun 7, 2009
Gibbstown
I'll have to try to call them to get all the info. I went on their web site www.njconservation.org and I kind of get the tree hugger feel. They can keep their 9400 acres and I'll hunt the rest for free(except for license-permits-buck permits-rifle permit etc...) Thanks for your help !!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I inquired and I am on a list.
I was advised that it moves VERY slowly.
You need to have a million liability.
I have explored the area north and west of Chatsworth Lake a few times and that is where I inquired about hunting.
From my touring of that area it looks like there are very few permitted hunters in that piece.
I found two bait piles, with feeders and box stands with vehicular access to one of them, so I am assuming they were permitted guys.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
I inquired and I am on a list.
I was advised that it moves VERY slowly.
You need to have a million liability.
I have explored the area north and west of Chatsworth Lake a few times and that is where I inquired about hunting.
From my touring of that area it looks like there are very few permitted hunters in that piece.
I found two bait piles, with feeders and box stands with vehicular access to one of them, so I am assuming they were permitted guys.

I hunted that area when my brother was alive, before it was a nj conservation area. It was a good area. I hiked there last fall/winter and there was a good rub 15 yards from my brothers old stand, so it still seems good. I didn't realize they even considered allowing hunting there.
Greg

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
A buddy from work hunts an area outside chatsworth and he pays $ 145 per year and he says that's for the liability Ins. Problem with this system is that some one hunts butted right up against his area and comes into his plot and taint nuttin you can really do about it report them and they are gone by that time. This parker preserve is good in some ways but very bad in others, they totally control the land and can close it off when ever they feel like it , and area near chatsworth lake is now closed to public use because of "PEOPLE" TRASHING THE AREA AGAIN.!!! I HATE TO SAY IT BUT WE HAD MORE ACCESS TO THE LAND WHEN IT WAS A DUMP THEN WE DO NOW.

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Yeah

A buddy from work hunts an area outside chatsworth and he pays $ 145 per year and he says that's for the liability Ins. Problem with this system is that some one hunts butted right up against his area and comes into his plot and taint nuttin you can really do about it report them and they are gone by that time. This parker preserve is good in some ways but very bad in others, they totally control the land and can close it off when ever they feel like it , and area near chatsworth lake is now closed to public use because of "PEOPLE" TRASHING THE AREA AGAIN.!!! I HATE TO SAY IT BUT WE HAD MORE ACCESS TO THE LAND WHEN IT WAS A DUMP THEN WE DO NOW.

Yeah, it must be a real pain. The big picture, though, is thankfully DeMarco didn't sell-out to The Nature Conservancy, which would impose even harsher restrictions, i.e., no fishing, no hunting, very little human interference, etc. OR, picture this, if the dam broke, they would let Chatsworth Lake dry-up and "restore the natural stream"--this is exactly what they are doing at Willow Grove Lake. Willow Grove lake has been there more than a 100 years. It is really pathetic.

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I spend nearly all my time on the preserve and to be honest have seen few deer. There are def a few hunters that I know but they are also volunteers on the preserve.

As for the swimming hole, if people cleaned up there trash or even attempted to, it would be open. It gets to the point were you have people (mostly from PA) just littering the place, fing with wildlife, poaching wildlife, killing wildlife, etc. that it just gets to be to much. On top of that you have a handful of people(volunteers mostly) cleaning up constantly... then it is just easier to close it off. There is also the risk factor of NJCF being sued for drunken behavior or drowning back there....the signs might be more of a hedge to protect against a lawsuit. Trust me there are lots of really good things going on there to protect and increase wildlife on the preserve.....we should be able to deal with some of the inconviences like limited access to spots.