From Crosswicks to Walnford

joc

Explorer
May 27, 2010
Wall, NJ
Thanks for sharing. Walnford is one of those places i keep meaning to go to , never do .Now i know i really have to go. By coincidence made my 1st trip to Crosswicks last week . Nice pics .

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
That really was nice Ben. Great day for photos, and good ones too..all crisp and clear. Makes me want to go up there and have a bite to eat in one of those taverns.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Walnford has a lot of programs and things that I think folks here would enjoy. Every so often they fire up the grist mill for a behind the scenes demonstration of how it works. I'm probably going to try to arrange for something for NJPB members.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Walnford has a lot of programs and things that I think folks here would enjoy. Every so often they fire up the grist mill for a behind the scenes demonstration of how it works. I'm probably going to try to arrange for something for NJPB members.

I'd like to see that mill working. Never have seen one go at it before.

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
Great article-I spent many afternoons fishing at Walnford as a kid. We used to call it "Ghost Town" before the park system fixed it all up. I recommend the Chesterfield Inn by the way-not too far outside of Crosswicks.

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Nice. Besides hiking and camping and canoeing in the Barrens I used to go on long bicycle trips in south central NJ on into PA. I used to like it around Princeton before the roads got too busy. Cranbury was my favorite starting place. Crosswicks was sometimes on my route. Another Meeting House - the Yellow Meeting House on Yellow Meeting House Road in Millstone, NJ, I think- was also one of my favorite places.