Gallery Software Updated

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
All:

The software that runs the gallery has been updated to the latest version. A big change is the new flash based uploader. It's pretty self explanatory. If you don't have flash installed on your computer it should fall back to the standard uploader.

Let me know if you guys see any problems.

Thanks.

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
Testing, 1, 2...

watermark.php

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
If you're looking at an existing photo there's a link that says "Photo Options" on the top right hand side of the screen above the photo. Click on that and a dropdown will open. There's a link there that says "Edit Photo" which will take you to a screen where you can edit the caption, the photo title, move it to another album, etc.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Hey Ben, I'm having a hard time uploading photos this evening. The files are 1600 x 1200, 1 to 1.8 megs. I created an album, clicked upload photos, clicked select photos to upload, selected several photos, and clicked ok. The images were all added to the list and the uploads began. Several of the files failed consistently with "server i/o error", while several others uploaded just fine. Not sure what's going on, it doesn't seem to correspond to size.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
Still not working right. I'm going to try sampling the images down to 800 x 600. I got the same random server i/o errors on upload. Several of the seven files seemed to succeed, but when I clicked "Upload/Submit" on the process images page one of them showed up with a red X, so it looked like the metadata got saved but the actual image may not have been.

Edit: I sampled them down and all but one succeeded, so obviously size matters (er...). But the one that failed isn't unusually large. They're all under 500k, so it may just be that these server i/o errors have more opportunity to occur when the files are larger.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Mark,

I think it might be fixed. The image you sent me uploaded fine. But, how many images are you uploading at a time? What happens when you upload one at a time?

Can you get me a screenshot of the error that you see?

Thanks!

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
It happened regardless of how many images I added to the list. I'll try it again later today and grab a screen if it happens again. Basically the little progress line that the uploader draws freezes for a few seconds, then the box around the filename turns red and the message "Server I/O Error" is displayed, then the file is removed from the list.