Ghost in Sweetwater

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
O.K. Al, Then how do you explain Phyliss Diller? She is at least 6,000 years old!!

Is she still alive? Ok you guys win.That proves it.I'm not even sure if the 12,000,000,000 year old univers is enough to account for that.I think they need to revise the age again.maybe they can make it jive with those 20 billion year old quasars they've been finding:)
Al

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Al, my main man.

I don't mind at all discussing the geologic evidence for or against a young Earth. I quite enjoy it, actually. As long as the guys in charge (Ben and Guy) don't mind, I'd enjoy a little debate on the age of the Earth. Not evolution, though. That's another topic for another day. :)

So I take it that you believe the Earth to be 6,000 years old? Well, I disagree. I think its more like 3,000 years old. How about that?

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Al, my main man.

I don't mind at all discussing the geologic evidence for or against a young Earth. I quite enjoy it, actually. As long as the guys in charge (Ben and Guy) don't mind, I'd enjoy a little debate on the age of the Earth. Not evolution, though. That's another topic for another day. :)

So I take it that you believe the Earth to be 6,000 years old? Well, I disagree. I think its more like 3,000 years old. How about that?

Ok are we just dropping everything before King david who reigned in 1000 B.C. or are we compressing everything from Adam to now into the 3000 years and of course what about Phyllis Diller.No way can you compress all them wrinkles into a mere 30 centuries????
Alfile

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Al said:
I seen your post bashing young earth christian types

Bash? Who, me? Naw! Truth be told, my father is such a type, and I ridicule him in love whenever I get the chance! Really, though. Do not take offense to any of my wise cracks!

So about the age of the Earth.

How do you explain varves, Alfie? :)

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
Al said:
Ok are we just dropping everything before King david who reigned in 1000 B.C. or are we compressing everything from Adam to now into the 3000 years and of course what about Phyllis Diller.No way can you compress all them wrinkles into a mere 30 centuries????

With God all things are possible. Amen? :v:

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Geology! I thought you might pick something I didn't know that much about:)
Ok here is what my mentor has to say about varves.
7. Varves are extremely thin layers (typically 0.004 inch or 0.1 mm), which evolutionists claim are laid down annually in lakes. By counting varves, evolutionists believe that time can be measured. The Green River Formation of Wyoming, Colorado, and Utah, a classic varve region, contains billions of flattened, paper-thin, fossilized fish; thousands were buried and fossilized in the act of swallowing other fish. [See Figure 7 on page 11.] Obviously, burial was sudden. Fish, lying on the bottom of a lake for years, would decay or disintegrate long before enough varves could bury them. (Besides, dead fish typically float, deteriorate, and then sink.) Most fish fossilized in varves show exquisite detail and are pressed to the thinness of a piece of paper, as if they had been compressed in a collapsing liquefaction lens.

Also, varves are too uniform, show almost no erosion, and are deposited over wider areas than where streams enter lakes—where most lake deposits occur. Liquefaction best explains these varves.

PREDICTION 10: Corings taken anywhere in the bottom of any large lake will not show laminations as thin, parallel, and extensive as the varves of the 42,000-square-mile Green River Formation, perhaps the world’s best known varve region.

Now I am sure your next question will probably be what is liquefaction and how does it create varves.

SUMMARY: Liquefaction—associated with quicksand, earthquakes, and wave action—played a major role in rapidly sorting sediments, plants, and animals during the flood. Indeed, the worldwide presence of sorted fossils and sedimentary layers shows that a gigantic global flood occurred. Massive liquefaction also left other diagnostic features such as cross-bedded sandstone, plumes, mounds, and fossilized footprints.
Sedimentary rocks are distinguished by sharply-defined layers, called strata. Fossils almost always lie within such layers. Fossils and strata, seen globally, have many unusual characteristics. A little-known and poorly-understood phenomenon called liquefaction (lik-wuh-FAK-shun) explains these characteristics. It also explains why we do not see fossils and strata forming on a large scale today.
Now for me to explain this whole process on this thread would take up way too much space and I couldn't present the pictures to illustrate the experiments on this so i will give you the link to this chapter which will of course link you to the whole book.This may not convince you but of course it has me.By the way is your father a christian or just a deist/creationist of another sort?
Here is the link to a much better explanation of liquefaction then i could give from sheer memory.Meet my young earth guru walt brown.
http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/Liquefaction.html
Let me know what you think.I'm sure you will:)
Alfie

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
yes thats a good idea but we need the posts relating to it already posted to be moved there also.we could copy and paste everything but Guy would probably be able to do everything better.give the thread on ghost woman back to ghost woman:).I have pretty strange ideas on ghosts too but thats a whole different story:)
Al

Apr 6, 2004
Galloway
what say you, Guy? How bout I start an offical "geology and the age of the Earth" thread and we move some of the posts from here to there? Don't worry, I will talk about the Pines as much as I can.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
what say you, Guy? How bout I start an offical "geology and the age of the Earth" thread and we move some of the posts from here to there? Don't worry, I will talk about the Pines as much as I can.

To be honest I am completely lost on what this discussion is about.

Guy