Girl's Body found in Bass River State Forest

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Seems to me that the perpetrator needs to face the same fate. But much more slowly.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
This is a stupid quote from the article:

State police Captain Al Della Fave said the grave was found mid-morning yesterday by hikers. He declined to specify the cause of Tush’s death, but described it as “highly suspicious.”

Duh!

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
stupid quote from the article:
State police Captain Al Della Fave said the grave was found mid-morning yesterday by hikers. He declined to specify the cause of Tush’s death, but described it as “highly suspicious.”

Bob,
You echoed my thoughts. I truly did not see how that statement could have been left to print. I, having a daughter, like yourself and others here, read this with a dread beyond belief. My apologies, not just daughter...child.
How does this happen and how can it be? Of course it has to be the "New Jersey Pinelands". The trajedy is the importance, no doubt. The vision of ignorant people of course is that our wonderful Pinebarrens are no more than a dumping ground for killers. I feel for her parents and hope that good investigators succeed in finding the killer/killers.

g.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My wife visits a forum where apparently the girls family posted about her disappearance. After showing my wife the article she went back and the post is gone.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Two dog walkers found Tush's body late Thursday morning off Route 679 near mile marker 7 in a heavily wooded section of Bass River Township, Burlington County, police said. The exact location where Tush's body was found would not be released because police did not want media in the area, Jones said.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/186/story/125296.html

If the milepost head from south to north that would put the location at Harrisville. That is extremely close to Maxwell where Boyd saw them, so I would say they the authorities are deliberately giving vague info and Maxwell may be the correct spot.

Guy

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
It's such a shame that all of the people here can view the Pines as a beautiful place to be enjoyed while this monster only saw it as a place where he could get away with a horrible act.
May she rest in peace.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I don't know how this will sound, but I'm oddly relieved to learn that she knew him, and that it was probably a case of a really bad relationship that got worse. You hate to think of random abductions and that kind of thing. I have three daughters, and this kind of tragedy always weighs heavily. If my daughters ever date a guy that gets obsessive/abusive he'll have me to deal with, in a big way, whether they're 19 or 30.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
But is Maxwell in Bass River or Washington Township?

Maxwell is in Washington Township, but that means nothing when it comes to the police trying to not divulge the location. It still could have been near Harrisville in Bass River Twp, but Boyds incident makes it seems that it may have been at Maxwell.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
As I said in that other thread, the police cars were gathering right at the Maxwell location on the topo maps (I was using OziExplorer CE with the US Topos in my car at the time :) )

The cars pulled into the entrance of Iron Pipe Road on the West side of 563. Maybe there was some other evidence of the same person at that location?

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=39.66913&lon=-74.54691&size=l&u=4&datum=nad27&layer=DRG

(OT: Damn, I really hate the way TopoZone opens a popup each time you click on it now... :bang: )