Great music for driving to and from your kayak/canoe spot.

virgos

Explorer
Mar 25, 2007
Music for driving to and from your kayak/canoe spot. Wherever that may be.

Tumbleweed Connection - Elton John(believe it or not)
especially these songs

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Good stuff.

I borrowed "Don't Shoot me, I'm only the Piano Player" from the library. One of his best. Many great songs on that one too. Especially.."Have Mercy on the Criminal".

virgos

Explorer
Mar 25, 2007
If you want a copy

If you want a copy of: kenfrank3rd@hotmail.com

Empty Sky(1969)
Elton John(1970)
Tumbleweed Connection(1970)
Madman Across the Water(1971)
Honky Château(1972)
Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player(1973)
Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy(1975)

P

PitchPineJohn

Whenever I hear Traveling Willbury's "Tweeter and the Monkey Man" I think of the pines.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I've been listening to Elton John a bit more recently. I don't know if any of it would be good woods music for me.

I actually like driving around in silence a lot of the time.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have music on almost constantly while driving but when i pull off into the dirt it's music off and winders down(as far as practicable due to cold or ear killing brush)so i can listen to whats around me.Whipoorbill always needs another pair of ears and I have a very quiet truck and often find snakes and other critters by the noises they make when they move through the leaves.seat belt is also gotten rid of when i leave blacktop so i can make a quick exit in case of a vagabond snake on the road.sometimes while stopped carlos nakai native american flute will help set the mood if it's turned down low enough not to block out any natural sounds and somehow native flute doesnt seem to intrude.
Al

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
A cd some here may enjoy is Eddie Veder's 'Into the Wild" soundtrack. I suggest 'end of the road' good song, has a little bit of a zeppelin sound to it....Good stuff.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton

I actually like driving around in silence a lot of the time.

Reading this thread makes me smile at the memory of a field recording (posted on the forum here somewhere) interrupted by a "Thank God I'm a Country Boy!" drive-by.

Once sand-roaded, I'm more keen on having the windows down letting nature make the music, but the paved roads to and fro make for a different story. One of my favorites to bring along is a somewhat recent CD by Kate Bush called Aerial, which is inspired by and deals with the subject of the artist's childhood fascination listening to bird songs. The final piece grinds repetitively (and I bop in my Silverado, singing along), "I wanna get up, up on the roof!" ... that being to see and hear.

My most recent trip, I left the windows up and never stopped moving. Sacred Treasures -- Choral Music from Russia and Beyond spun. Slow. Quiet. And beautiful. I probably took the turns a little wider than usual, saddened ... missing those big floppy ears of the fellow that often rode in the seat next to me. :(

:)

Bill

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Whipporbill....Thank God I'm a Country Boy? Ooops...sorry, that could've been me. I would have had it a low volume. If it was I, then please accept my apologies.
I like to listen to John Denver or James Taylor when driving thru the pines. I, too often prefer silence though. When i do have music playing, it is at a very low volume. Almost like "Background Music"