Great site; introduction

Monkeywrench

Feb 10, 2007
OC / Philly
Hi all, This is for sure one of the better sites out on the internet, glad to have found it.

I figured I would just give a little introduction. I'm a freshman at Drexel University in Philly majoring in Environmental Engineering. I have a great interest in the Pines, but being from Ocean City, I'm a marsh/beach kid. It appears that there a great many of very knowledgeable people on this forum. I'm hoping, when time allows to team up with some of the group hikes that are organized here, and learn as much as I possibly can. Thanks

-Bob Adams

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
You're right - this is an excellent site. I know first hand that there's alot to be learned from the members of this forum. Welcome aboard! (pun not intended)

-Bob

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Welcome to the site. I can say I have learned a tremendous amount from these fine folks on this site. In addition to discovering great books, maps and resources.
Tom

Monkeywrench

Feb 10, 2007
OC / Philly
Thanks folk, I know this is probally the wrong forum to ask on, but does anyone explore the marsh lands along the Delaware bay/river in Southern NJ. There are also some pretty old forests out that way. Anyone ever venture into those? I would love to team up with some of the more knowledgeable people on this forum when they venture into the marsh lands and forests. I very interested in learning as much as I possibly can. Thanks again

Nope, not the wrong forum at all. I can't help you much on that one though, Delaware Bay wise I've only made it to Fort Mott State Park, East Point Lighthouse, and the greater Port Norris/Shellpile/Bivalve metropolititan area. Other folks can help quite a bit though.

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Bob,welcome to the site,you will learn quite a few things on this site,i can help you with some delaware bay areas if you need some info.