Great Swamp

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was reading several accounts about it and I'd like to do a little exploring. Anybody been there recently? Is Constable bridge open?

It was open the last time I heard. Be careful after all the wet weather we have been having. Some of the "puddles" there are pretty bad.

Guy

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Constable bridge is definitely open and just like brand new.

As to the Great Swamp, I was out there last weekend. It is VERY wet back there. The puddles are huge and covered in ice, but not ice thick enough to drive on without breaking. Ice that breaks into huge chunks and could put a nice ding in your drive shaft.

I started to come in Paradise, but was not comfortable driving back there. I went around to the Pleasant Mills Church. parked and hiked back to the where the old logging machine is and beyond. VERY, VERY wet!

Bog

Constable bridge is definitely open and just like brand new.

As to the Great Swamp, I was out there last weekend. It is VERY wet back there. The puddles are huge and covered in ice, but not ice thick enough to drive on without breaking. Ice that breaks into huge chunks and could put a nice ding in your drive shaft.

I started to come in Paradise, but was not comfortable driving back there. I went around to the Pleasant Mills Church. parked and hiked back to the where the old logging machine is and beyond. VERY, VERY wet!
Thanks. Guess I'll have to wait,or get out the waders.