Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/48020236

48020236.jpg

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Happened to ride past last night and definately no one there. I'm thinking it's definately done. It was nice to see that stretch of road leading to it was completed, paved and nice and smooth. That detour added 15-minutes to my travels each weekend. My grand-daughter would always refer to it as "the bumpy road".

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Well, there is no doubt about it. Taken yesterday.

gb.jpg

IMG_0685a.jpg

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Guy, you did a nice job of matching the same camera viewpoint in that video. Did you do that just from memory or did you actually look at the video when you shot the picture? Also, you can see some kind of a sign just to the right of the 542 West highway sign in the video, but not in your photo. Is that just out of the frame, or is the sign now gone?

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Guy, you did a nice job of matching the same camera viewpoint in that video. Did you do that just from memory or did you actually look at the video when you shot the picture? Also, you can see some kind of a sign just to the right of the 542 West highway sign in the video, but not in your photo. Is that just out of the frame, or is the sign now gone?
The sign was a RC Cola/Green Bank Inn-Piney Power Sign....Gone now.Tree fell on it in 2010.Photo from mts83
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22516573@N07/7107659279/

4446978880_caa40fc47f_b.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

I just did it from memory. I was a little off but close enough. I suspect the Green Bank Inn sign may have been damaged from the same storm unless a drunk PBX member threw something at it. I am just saying......

Pohatcongsouth

Sep 5, 2012
Johnson City, Tn
so sad that childhood memories of parents and friends wither away with time, will always have love in my heart of the ones who enjoyed the solitude of this old hangout,

Cyn

Sep 6, 2012
Green Bank may not be closed for good. Rumor has it a local patron and good friend of Lorraine may be opening the doors. Can not say the name but he is involved...Lets wait and see.

Reactions: Pohatcongsouth