Green Bank Inn

Aug 6, 2010
Williamstown, NJ
Has anyone ever been to the Green Bank Inn? Its a little bar not far from Batsto. I was there one night and the owner of the place was talking to me about paranormal activity going on there. He realized my interest and took me out back. Former owners of the place were burried out back. I thanked him for showing me that because he said he doesnt show it to many people. But the place was apparently built in the mid 1800s if I remember correctly. Just think its pretty cool and if anyone else knew about it.

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
That place has been a local hang out forever, I think my grandfather tended bar back in the 60's, and my uncle has been trying to buy the joint one beer at a time for years....

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
The bikes are there usually on Saturday and Sunay afternoons in the nice weather. If they are not out riding they usually don't stop in there. After we delivered the toys for tots to Batsto after the cleanup we went there for lunch. One of those places where the bartender cooks and serves the food, and it isn't bad at all. Awesome french fries!

Most of the times I go there without the bikes it is usually just locals...

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
I've stopped in there several times over the years to use the bathroom and there were usually a bunch of biker guys hanging out. I distinctly remember being stared down by a small group as I walked in and it pissed me off that they were being so stereotypical when I don't get that vibe at most biker hang-outs. We used to go see my friend's band at what I think was the Lower Bank Tavern down the road. I liked that place much better.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I went there with my wife and kids a few years back. We sat next to a Pagan and his wife and all they talked about was their grandchildren. Nice people!

Guy

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Im in there frequently, just last weekend actually. The place got a name for itself as a biker bar, but its really not that big of a biker hangout. They get their share during nice weather and poker runs, but the place is mostly just locals on regular days. Very nice owner who's bought me plenty of drinks. He looks like a cross-bred Jerry Garcia (mustache only) and Andy Reid (Eagles coach). One of the few bars I've seen more dogs than patrons in at times. They'll still throw you an ashtray if you need one too. Good times.

A nice little place about halfway between the Lower Bank Inn and the Bungalow Inn. Just about grew up in these places in the '60s and early '70s. A nice town filled with nice folks. We even attended school in Shepherd's Hall for a couple of years when Green Bank Elementary got too big for its breeches.