green head fly traps

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I have a small amount of pamphlets on the greenhead fly published by Rutgers years ago that contain plans for a trap. If you would like one I can either mail it to you if you PM me your address or I can leave it at the Tip Seaman Park office for you to pick up, as I see you are in Tuckerton. I did find the same plans online fairly quickly, but I would like to whittle down my supply of them. And these are the thicker stock paper, collectible versions. :D

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
Thanks all for posting the info. I will attempt to build one with the plans on the Rutgers site. Thanks for the offer, G.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I recall they had like a Greenlee Fly event at the Seaport. It was kind of funny, traps, largest fly caught, stuff like that. I was just up Tuckerton right on the lake yesterday afternoon. Gawd, it was as stuffy there as heck and very still there but nowhere near down here. A few friends and I went to dinner at Sea Oaks, (wonderful meal, the two fellow singing for entertainment were...well)
(Gilbert Godfried is entertaining there next weekend) I went home around nine and the lightning show on the way home was a spectacle and a treat! Every angle of my view was treated to it coming over Wading River bridge. No rain though till I turned that last corner before Batso then all Hell let loose. Coming down past Hammonton Airport the show escalated and I got to see one of my own Waterford radio towers get hit! I have never seen that and wondered if and how oftern it happened. Wow. The light and boomers continued for a good bit.
I have a friend who has done work at the Rutgers station up the end of the Boulevard (Seven Bridges Road if you prefer)
Pretty interesting stuff, and another who is in the Mooosqueeeto and control biz, lots of investigative work.
fascinatiing stuff. Anywhoo, I hope your endeavors to find the trap of traps fairs you well. You have a lofty goal. Noah himself had a less fearful foe.

g.

francom

Feb 13, 2015
Texas
Where can I buy a black box style green head fly trap?

Or, where can I locate plans to build one?
It is easier to purchase them from FlyCatch-r.com. They sell three models Tourist, Residential and Commercial with prices ranging from
$24.95 to 64.95. Effective, light weight, collapsible, durable and very portable.
They are very effective on the beach and in my yard on Brigantine Island.

NJ Boy

francom

Feb 13, 2015
Texas
It is easier to purchase them from FlyCatch-r.com. They sell three models Tourist, Residential and Commercial with prices ranging from
$24.95 to 64.95. Effective, light weight, collapsible, durable and very portable.
They are very effective on the beach and in my yard on Brigantine Island.

NJ Boy