Green snake

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I found this guy in the middle of the road. I only saw two of them before in blueberry bushes, a tough find.

429small.jpg

Very slender and shy, It seemed to think it was invisible, and most of the time it probably is. I kept taking pictures until this one at 5 inches. After this I tickled it's tail to get it out of the road. There were lots of June bugs out today, maybe the attraction. I was on my belly just like him and focus was difficult.

437_close.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice photo Ed! Jess gives it a 5 star :)

Keep them coming.

Guy

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
Sweet!

They're one of those snakes that you know are out there, but they blend in so well that you usually only see them during a random stroke of luck.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
half a dozen of them in my life.unfortunately one had just been run over on a sand road like that one in the pic.the last one i caught was two years ago in wv at over 4000 ft elevation.my wife just about stepped on him in the grass and never seen him.i was behind her and noticed a green vine in the grass with scales.we got pics of him somewhere but not as nice as this one.
Al

Aaron

Explorer
Jul 29, 2007
Only one i ever saw i thought was dead until a buddy of mine took him out of the shade where he was "frozen" in place and help him in the son for 5 minutes to get him moving again. Was awesome to watch

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Might it live around the Friendship bogs?

Glo

They live all over the pines. The problem is as I believe someone said they are hard to spot. When the vegitation is not there it is much easier to see them, since they do travel between bushes and such as the first photo below from 2004 shows.

IMG_9041.JPG

Jessica with one in 2007.

Jessica.JPG

Guy

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
They live all over the pines. The problem is as I believe someone said they are hard to spot. When the vegitation is not there it is much easier to see them, since they do travel between bushes and such as the first photo below shows from 2004.
Guy

Thanks for this info. Such a beautiful color!
Glo

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Well done Ed! What is your secret? They are really hard to find when everything is green.

Guy