Guess the location

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have been in this area many times and never noticed this sign before today. Can you guess the location?

IMG_5976.JPG

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
No, that is not the location. I have photo's of Bob at your location and I don't remember a sign there. There might have been, and if so I am surprised I did not get a photo of it.

Guy

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Oooohh! I know!

There is a road (French Coal, I think) that runs parallel between Allen and Dan Bridge Roads in Bass River SF. It goes through a white cedar swamp and is an absolutely gorgeous area.

Is that right?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Oooohh! I know!

There is a road (French Coal, I think) that runs parallel between Allen and Dan Bridge Roads in Bass River SF. It goes through a white cedar swamp and is an absolutely gorgeous area.

Is that right?

I would have to say you are correct, but if you can be more specific and send a map link to the location I can be sure.

Guy

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
I can tell from the pic that they planted those trees waaaaaay too close together(that is,if they were simply trying to restore habitat)..........That's not meant in any way to diminish/criticize what I'd call a very admirable deed but it's basically reminiscent of your omnipresent monocultural tree farms that plague the southeast coastal plain.That habitat is utterly useless to so many members of the native fauna that formerly thrived in the more open forest that it replaced.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
That's the general area that I was thinking of Boyd, however I thought it was on the other side of Allens Road between it and French Coal. Looking at the ortho, I am still not 100% sure...

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Well then, Boyd and Gipsie are correct. That is the location and the sign is at the southern tip. What is odd is that in BirdsEye the trees are gone again. So sometime recently they have harvested the place again.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The sign is at the yellow circle. Notice the trees have been cut except the ones near the sign. I guess they wanted to keep them there making the sign still relevant. :D

tree.jpg

Guy

Reactions: Trailwalker