Guess Who ?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
As in: Guess who cancelled the Curly Fern Enduro that was to be held yesterday ? Why Robert Auermuller of course ! The man behind the MAP and secretive road closure fame.
https://sjer.org/index.html

Sad. This is a race that has been part of the Pine Barrens landscape since 1966.
I am glad Y-Buc Bill didn't have to see this but I sure do wish he was here to lash out ! :mad:

The Sandy Lane is this coming Sunday and that race has an 82 year history. The host club, Meteor MC, is working around the order.
http://www.meteormc.com/sandy-lane-enduro-2019.html

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
According to the link you posted, the Curly Fern Enduro was postponed (not cancelled) due to road conditions and will be re-scheduled. Haven't been in Wharton for awhile. Were the roads actually in good enough condition for them to have had the event as scheduled?

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
According to the link you posted, the Curly Fern Enduro was postponed (not cancelled) due to road conditions and will be re-scheduled. Haven't been in Wharton for awhile. Were the roads actually in good enough condition for them to have had the event as scheduled?

The roads are always good enough for an Enduro Boyd, the ruggedness and challenge is part of the sport. The clubs are not allowed to route through sensitive areas and are not allowed to blaze new trails for an event.

If the roads are so impassable, then someone (like Auermuller for instance) should really hurry up and barricade all of the roads in Wharton State Forest stat. They can start in my front yard where every day I see water holes getting deeper and go-rounds getting wider because trucks are enjoying the same challenging rainfall.

I'll take a field of 200 registered motorcycle riders passing through these woods to one lifted truck with 44's spitting mailbox-sized chunks of mud in the air and leaving a hole that I can put my house in.

By the way, I like the word cancelled because that is what he did. He cancelled the event for the day that it was to be held. It's the same weekend every year. This event takes a year of planning and draws people from the Northeast US and elsewhere. Those people booked rooms and planned their vacations around the event. Apparently the notice from our boy came out about a week ago. I am pretty sure the roads have been pretty wet since about last October.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
I got word that All Horner tried to join the ECEA's Facebook group. Can you say "mole"?
This, from advrider.com:

jack splash, Today at 10:34 AM

jack splash
Thanks you guys for trying to understand. This is from the ECEA (East Coast Enduro Assoc) Facebook page administrator.

Beware people, the Nature Nazis are not going away. This A-HOLE just tried to join our group. For those who don't know him, he is the guy that takes pictures after an event, and supplies the PPA with ammo. He is the guy that takes images from social media and websites of events that are not even from our area and pretends that it is local. This is the guy that scans social media for helmet cams and videos that are posted to use them against us. He is the enemy. There are many more like him, and we can be sure that they already have moles in our organization. We can not let our guard down, not even for a minute. Perfect example, this weekend was supposed to be an enduro. The local forest superintendent manufactured some BS that the trails are impassible from the rain. Really? Those firecuts are all SAND. Where do you think the water goes? The point here is that even when things are quiet, the anti-everything groups are fighting against us. We have been lucky that they have been busy fighting the pipeline project. Well, that project is now dead. We all need to do our part, and we need to do it NOW

al-horner-1-jpg.1599142

Unlike

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Guess who cancelled the Curly Fern Enduro that was to be held yesterday ? Why Robert Auermuller of course !

Some people never learn. Even after his temporary banishment with the map fiasco, he keeps up the mantra. Hopefully that club is asking the DEP to look into it based on his past performance, but with Mad Dog in the guv seat I doubt anything will happen.

142121824.jpg

Since he has declared the roads impassable, one has to assume no vehicles are allowed to use them. I wonder how long it will take for them to dry sufficiently for him to change the declaration? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was reading over another website a while back and they were discussing the MAP and the person said we had won. There is nothing further from the truth. We have not won at all.

Piney4life

Explorer
Oct 8, 2015
Waterford
Funny, if you go one actual dep press release about wharton roads flooding it says that if you have a improperly equipped vehicle you can get stuck.it is deeper than the water on the roads what rob and ppa have in mind now about any motorized activity.al is spouting that more is to come.

The re-schedule request was made by Parks and Forest. Scream at them. Does no one care about the rest of the public that wants to use the forest? This forest does not just belong to one group, it belongs to all the citizens of NJ. Stop being so selfish. After years of rubber-stamping these events, the DEP has come to realize that in order to save our forest that they have to manage the roads so everyone can use them. Not one person here has it right. You act like a bunch of childish old farts.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
I like the word cancelled because that is what he did. He cancelled the event for the day that it was to be held. It's the same weekend every year. This event takes a year of planning and draws people from the Northeast US and elsewhere. Those people booked rooms and planned their vacations around the event.

Exactly

Now you all are just being bitching old ( and younger ) old farts. Everyone has liberties and instead of dirt bike suspensions they have children, horses, mothers and fathers, and pets that all enjoy the woods. Your dirt bikes disturb wildlife, put folks out from enjoying the day, destroy our common property. Perhaps, off-roaders should just find a place where they will be happy, a place that is theirs, all there own, purchased with their money. That way they get what they want and the citizens of NJ get what they want, a preserved forest that is decent and stays in one piece for future generations.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Now you all are just being bitching old ( and younger ) old farts. Everyone has liberties and instead of dirt bike suspensions they have children, horses, mothers and fathers, and pets that all enjoy the woods. Your dirt bikes disturb wildlife, put folks out from enjoying the day, destroy our common property. Perhaps, off-roaders should just find a place where they will be happy, a place that is theirs, all there own, purchased with their money. That way they get what they want and the citizens of NJ get what they want, a preserved forest that is decent and stays in one piece for future generations.

Al, I hope you don't get your way. You're like the man who built a house next to a racetrack, and then stood on the porch shaking his fist and yelling at the cars going in to enjoy what they do. Enduro events were here long before you were, and they are part and parcel to pine barren history. They do much less damage to the forest than you think. There were events in Greenwood Forest in the 1970's. You cannot even see the ruts anymore. They are trying to be the best stewards of this land by following all the rules. You should let them be.