Half of New Jersayans want out!

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
NJ is the east coast`s dump. I had the chance to get out of NJ when i was 22 and didn`t do it, 30 years later i`m STILL kicking myself in that A*S for not going.

Virginia has to be the king of dumps now. I drive 80 miles a day on I- 95 and the highway is full of garbage trucks. Its's funny ,I moved here to be able to get outdoors more often but there just is not much public land unless I drive 2 hours into the mountains. When I lived in Jersey it was 30 minutes to the pines and escape. There is alot of cheap land in VA. still, but it is no where near someplace you can make a living. Someday I would love to settle somewhere in South Jersey near the pines. There is no place like the pines.

Monkeywrench

Feb 10, 2007
OC / Philly
Really... I'm happy to hold the door open while my share of the 50% leaves, and I promise I won't let it slam on their...... :)

But seriously, just because it's raining in your own backyard doesn't prove the sky is falling. There are reasonably priced parts of NJ, and I think it will actually get better with the crisis in the housing market. But a shrinking population would be a good thing IMO.

Agreed.

Populations across the northeast and the rust belt are falling. I for one am glad, but unfortuantly that means they're building up on more and more land farther south. The population in general is just too large.

Sue and Pinepaddler, where are you two studying? I'm an environmental science major at Drexel.