Harrisville Ruins

virgos

Explorer
Mar 25, 2007
Could someone email or pm me directions to the ruins. I have been on these boards numerous times. I am not an a$$ hole. My cousin and I took the road just below harrisville dam today. We took that road for about two miles and then turned around. I have a two wheel drive chevy s10 so I don't go crazy out there. Thank you in advance

kenfrank3rd@hotmail.com

virgos

Explorer
Mar 25, 2007
thanks so much

My cousin and I were at ruins today. They were just off Washington Rd I believe. Looked like a two car garage without the top. Very deep. Do you know the name of those ruins. thanks again. do you think if the ruins were farther from the road they wouldnt have fence around it.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Harrisville Ruins: http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?datum=NAD83&lat=39.66151&lon=-74.52182

What you saw was probably the barn/pit silo ruins at Washington.

watermark.php

beachbug

Jun 24, 2007
more than 1 ruin at harrisville?

now that you mention it...
i had previously found the ruins noted on the topozone map above. right at the canmpground entrance. the fenced in ruins. but in reading a new (couple years) pine barrens book the author notes that the whole town is there somewhere? i know i haven't been able to find it.

also, last weekend we stopped off at the harrisville ruins and there were something like 10 cars parked there but didn't see anyone around. anything interesting going on that could account for it? never seen that many vehicles parked right there off the road.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
now that you mention it...
i had previously found the ruins noted on the topozone map above. right at the canmpground entrance. the fenced in ruins. but in reading a new (couple years) pine barrens book the author notes that the whole town is there somewhere? i know i haven't been able to find it.

also, last weekend we stopped off at the harrisville ruins and there were something like 10 cars parked there but didn't see anyone around. anything interesting going on that could account for it? never seen that many vehicles parked right there off the road.

the fenced in ruins are on one side of the road. also on that same side are some cellar holes as you walk away from the lake.

on the other side of the road, across from the fenced in ruins, there are more ruins.

the ruins span both sides of the street.