Have you seen or heard something you cant explain?

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I don't think I believe in any of this stuff anymore. I always thought JD was just an unidentified species, but now I'm not so sure; something physical would have come up by now. Not like the Pines is that big of an area. I can see there still being unidentified species in the jungles of Borneo or something, but NJ?

Ehhh.

I've become what I always hated - a skeptic.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
He sent me a PM, that's what brought me back to this forum last week. I must have posted about our encounter with a bear up in North Jersey. He asked me if it walked on two legs or four, cause if it walked on two legs, "that was no bear". That made made my month. :dance:

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
Hi. Bigfootmorph.
The truth of an assertion or the validity of a concept is not, and never has been able to be determined by the number of believers therein, only by weight of objective evidence in support of testable hypotheses concerning the truth or validity thereof. Mere numbers of "believers" might, to some. lend credence to astrology, creation "science"/intelligent design "theory", the Leed's Devil, werewolves, and vampires, but cannot be construed as proof thereof. Were mere numbers sufficient we could also determine which religion or denomination is possessed of ultimate, final, and real "truth" based merely upon its putatively unexceeded number of adherents.

As for other aspects of my basic stance on the existance of "bigfoot", my previous post lays them out, I believe, reasonably clearly.

Dave

You forgot to list the theory of evolution.

snakehunter7

Scout
Apr 6, 2006
MIllville
and hasnt there been reports all around the world, (yetti, sasquatch, etc) i dont think theres a big foot orgy out in the middle of the pines somewhere, and i saw what was supposed to be big foot on tv walking away from the guys holding the camera, it was definitely a guy in a suit, its one of those things were people want it to be true i think, as far as undiscovered species in jersey, maybe some undiscovered species MAYBE, who knows but i seriously dought big foot is real, anywhere, now lets talk about nessie for a lil bit, lol

daved

Scout
Jan 9, 2006
burlington county
big foot is from the pacific northwest probably made up i dont know but when i see him i will believe it is real. new jesey has the jersey devil probably made up but if i ever see it i will believe. now i know there are some things people cant explain but now does that mean that its bigfoot or the jersey devil? my dad told me a story from years ago he was in the pines at night and heard something like a high pitch scream he didnt know what it was and wanted to get the hell out of there so he was driving fast to get the hell out of there when a bird of some kind smashed into his windshield. that was like 5 minutes after he heard that screaming noise so he said he was a couple miles away from where he first heard the noise and he said you could still hear the screaming. so what was it? who knows. does that mean it was the jersey devil? no. also my dads friend said he was driving late at night in florence on river road under the turnpike bridge when he saw something big fly across the road about 20 feet in front of him. he said he stopped and watched it fly out of sight. jersey devil? maybe maybe not i dont know. also he used to live on penn street in burlington city and in a jersey devil book it said he was seen in an alley way on penn street and the only alley on penn street is behind the house he lived in. its row homes and the alley goes behind that row of homes which is only 5 or 6 homes. its not really an alley its just a sidewalk that goes behind the houses. so is the jersey devil real or not i dont know i will believe it when i see it. so now what i really wanted to say why is this sort of thing posted under nature and enviroment? it should be posted under legends and lore. the jersey devil and bigfoot are not fact and are not proven to exist so they are folklore. when they are proven to exist then you can post in nature and enviroment because they are part of nature until then they are a myth or legend or folklore whatever you want to call it.