Here comes the hot weather

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Gusty wind around here, actually feels good now but I wonder how many trees that were weakened in the earlier storm(s) will fall? Barely a trace of rain so far but I see the NWS has increased tonight's forecast for 1 to 2 inches from the previous 3/4 to 1 inch.

We really need the rain here, dry as a bone. This is just about as low as I have seen the creek in the past 6 years. Hopefully we won't get any wind damage.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Breezy here as well; steady 20mph, gusting to 30. Forecast is for stronger wind this afternoon.

This is the pattern many are forcasting for the winter, except instead of windy, warm and wet, windy, cold and frozen. Time will tell

Don Catts

Explorer
Aug 5, 2012
Indian Mills
Gusty wind around here, actually feels good now but I wonder how many trees that were weakened in the earlier storm(s) will fall? Barely a trace of rain so far but I see the NWS has increased tonight's forecast for 1 to 2 inches from the previous 3/4 to 1 inch.

We really need the rain here, dry as a bone. This is just about as low as I have seen the creek in the past 6 years. Hopefully we won't get any wind damage.

Reading your post when I heard a snap in the back yard..........
IMG_7725.JPG
IMG_7726.JPG
IMG_7727.JPG

About a 18" white pine

Don

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Wow. The gusts are getting more intense here and the trees are really swaying. Would like to go for a walk, but looks like it could get a little dangerous out in the woods...

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
More rain headed our way, and perhaps even some light frost in certain areas?

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
524 AM EDT SAT SEP 22 2012

NJZ013-020-022-027-230930-
WESTERN MONMOUTH-OCEAN-ATLANTIC-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON-
524 AM EDT SAT SEP 22 2012

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR CENTRAL NEW JERSEY AND
SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS COULD PRODUCE LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN WITH
AREAS OF POOR DRAINAGE FLOODING THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. IN
ADDITION...A FEW THUNDERSTORMS COULD PRODUCE STRONG GUSTY WINDS
THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SUNDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.

PATCHY FROST IS POSSIBLE LATE SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY MORNING.

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
It is just an observation, but the amount of water today varied from place to place. The route I took while out was a huge loop. The Great Swamp was damp. Carranza/Friendship was more towards dry than anything else. While Penn/Oswego had standing water that appeared fairly deep in areas. The rain fall amounts must have varied quite a bit over South Jersey during the last few weeks.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
It's going to be glorious tomorrow and Monday. Headed to the Hawk Watch on Monday, 2 days of NW winds should have them up and moving.