Hermann City

annie

Mar 21, 2003
winslow township
A friend and I are planning an outing for tomorrow..well..today (Friday), and we wanna see Hermann City. I know it's somewhere around Bulltown rd, right? If someone can give me directions or gps coords before 12 in the afternoon, It would be greatly appreciated. If no one sees this by then, still post anyway because we can always go next time. We're running out of places to see! Thanks :)

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Coordinates for several towns.

It's right across from Bulltown Road. There will be a small road leading into the woods with two big oaks on either side and a large-ish area to park your car at. Park by the oaks and walk back, past the gate. You'll get to an open field. This is where the hotel stood.

If you walk to your left, into the woods, you'll see the ruins. Keep walking to the other path and follow that to the Mullica and you'll see the ruins of a house.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I used to be pretty gung-ho about Geocaching until I started thinking of all of the people who are going to these places just to find a cache and then move on to the next hunt. That means that these sites are getting a LOT of foot traffic that they didn't have before. This then equates to ruins deteriorating a lot quicker than they would have if they were left alone.

Oh well, I'll get off my soapbox now.

WAMBA

Scout
Mar 20, 2006
Voorhees
interestingly enough i actually ran into the guy who put that geocache there the other day and talked to him for a while. he said that he visits this site, so maybe you'll get to hear his explanation. i haven't been able to go out there to get the cache yet, so i don't know the details of how it's hidden or anything, but the guy was really nice and he seemed to genuinely respect the history of the pines (the cache name for this one gives the name of the ruins and the years they were in use), so i'm sure it's probably hidden unobtrusively with respect to the ruins.