"Hidden Lakes" in NJ Pine Barrens???

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Now once again I am belted in unless in the woods but the darn doors lock every time I take off in it so the first time I miss a snake who needs my help getting off the road and gets off the road before I can get to him I"m writing the manufacturer about their stupid automatic door lock.Then again it is a nice feature when I"m riding through the Millville hood at night and pull up to a stop light knowing the door is locked already.

Give this a try Al. Worst case is you'll get locked in and can't get out :eek:

"The automatic lock and unlock functions can be deactivated or activated independently of each other. To deactivate or activate the automatic door lock or unlock system, perform the following procedure:

1. Close all doors.
2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
3. Do one of the following within 20 seconds of performing Step #2:
  • To change AUTO UNLOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (UNLOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
  • To change AUTO LOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (LOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard indicator will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard indicator will flash once.
5. The ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change."

Reactions: manumuskin

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
When I was 19 I owned a 1978 MGB.

I owned it for a year.

Drove it for a week.

I have a '72 in the garage waiting for some attention.

Until then, makes a great storage shelf. :)

149893011.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I"ll try this next time I get in it.It really is an aggravating feature.Many times I get out and go around to get in another door only to have to walk back around to hit the unlock button to get it to open.

What year is it. For some years cars have had a remotes to open/close the locks. Might be able to find one on EBait, but then the problem would be programming it to your car, besides, the exercise is good for you :D

http://www.remotesandkeys.com/searchresults.asp?cat=7471

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
it's a 2013.not the only aggravating feature it has.I like to turn the heater on to warm the truck up and then leave it on my feet but turn the blower off so it leaks.as soon as you turn the blower off the heat reverts to the vents that blow in your face so I forget this and I turn the blower off,next thing I know I have heat leaking in my face drying my eyes out and their damn near stuck together before it occurs to me whats going on because theres a barely perceptible breeze.I then have to hit the floorbutton to put the heat back on the floor.I swear this truck is convinced it's smarter then I am and knows where I want my heat and knows I want my doors locked and knows i want my back windows to only be able to go half way down.It's a beast in the mud and is quite nice to drive but it's the stupid little crap that irritates me with it.Mommas just mad she didn't get heated seats.Them leather seats are downright cold when you get in so she has a towel on her seat for that.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
This is America, always a solution to be found :D

Score some points on Valentines day ;)

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/seatheatac.html

My wifes GTI has the heated seats, she always complains about the Escape not having them. Personally, I can't stand them. The Jeep we are looking at to replace the Escape has a heated steering wheel :rolleyes: Just what you need when driving, sweaty palms and a hot butt.

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
49er, I got rid of them a long time ago. They were so slow and it was difficult to keep up with traffic. I went to ZX's for a while and they were cool. Now in my old age I have a 1995 Jeep for the pines, a lexus with 4 doors to carry people and a 2 door CTS that could use 100 more horsepower. I really miss the MGB's, collected a lot of Rally tropies with them.