Hiking/camping partner

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Lost another hiking partner. My oldest living brother Bob passed away 2 weeks ago. The attached picture is from a great trip we took in Shenandoah. Bob is second from the left. My brother Bud, in the front right, passed in 1997. We enjoyed many a campfire at some "bandit" spots in the pines. Hard to believe there are only 2 of us left. Miss you Bob and Bud!
White Oak Canyon.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I truly am sorry to hear about your loss. I would give your post a "like" but that just does not seem right.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
piker56, I'm sorry for your loss. My best friend and Great Smoky Mountain hiking buddy passed away two months ago at 52. While nothing can ever replace your brother, the pain of his absence will ease with time and you will always carry with you the fond memories of your time together. Please accept my condolences.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
The older I get the more I realize how short our time here really is.
You are fortunate to have grown up with a close knit band of brothers and you can find comfort in the memories you made together.
Scott

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Thank everyone. Yes, I was close with all my brothers. My current best friend is my brother Tom. We both share a love of the pines. So many campfire memories, I can't begin to mention them. I cherish each and every one of them. Thanks again everyone for your well wishes. It means a lot.
Greg

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
piker56,
Sorry for the late reply. Been offline a while. Just saw this. It is just goodbye for now. I can only imagine some day in the distant future you will all be together again. It will probably be in an awesome place not too different than the picture you posted. I am certain that your best friend and you continue to celebrate both of their lives through your daily journey. Enjoy each day of it. My condolences.
Glenn