Hiking in Pygmy Pines?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Seriously, don't even try. We never made it over the top. When you are 20 years old and weigh 145, climbing ropes are a snap. Especially that rope. But once you get to the top it is impossible to get past that point and actually make it on top.

Guy

Tricia6690

Jul 9, 2004
Hi again

We had a really nice hike behind Coyle Field. We got above the tree line a couple of times and had some great views! I'm glad you suggested that area instead of the area by the bombing range. It was great fun.

We did find the wall -- with all your help. Thank you! No one attempted a climb although some of the guys kept eyeing the nearby trees with the thought of getting a peek at the top. But saner minds prevailed.....

We had no great ideas concerning the purpose of the wall. However after the hike we went to Lucille's for lunch and someone mentioned it to her. So I showed her the picture that you sent and she became very curious as to what it could be. The next thing I know she came out of the kitchen and said that she just called Coyle Field to find out what they thought it was. Whoever she spoke to at Coyle Field claimed that it was used back when they had tank training exercises there. He said that people used it to hide behind.

That explanation seems a bit strange to me -- but I'm just reporting what they told her.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That theory actually sounds quite plausible. There is no doubt that cement walls that thick are used for protection from something. In this case it would be a tank.

The problem is I can bet the people there are making guesses just like us. No real facts.

Thanks for the update. Glad you found it the way you did without high tech coordinates :)

Guy