Hollow field cemetery

MuddinMommy

Sep 24, 2009
Ortley Beach, NJ
Hi everyone...I'm looking for some help. I've been trying to find hollow field cemetery by dover forge and i've been hiking down tons of paths, driving around, researching, and I still have no idea of where I'm even looking. I was wondering if anyone whos been there can give me a clue as to where to look. I've been looking around the dover forge area east of dover rd ...Where i've been going they don't allow cars so we've been hiking it and well, the dover forge area covers quite a large area. I'll appreciate any tips as to where I can find it...at least the general area I should look...thanks!

:bang:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Try west of Dover Road since you looked on the east.

Guy

KeroseneCity

Dec 26, 2007
Forked River, NJ
the beginning of the trail is before the curve heading south on Dover rd.. if you hit a small creek, you've gone too far.. its off a small deer trail, about 30 feet from the main trail.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
watermark.php

Karin Bos

May 23, 2017
Maine
I am researching Birdsville, and I have seen on some posts here that it was located on a trail leading into the cemetery.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
From what I've read, Birdsville was situated a few hundred feet from the Hollow Field Cemetery.

Could have been Birdville II. In the 1980's, there was an empty lot next to a home on Lacey Road that must have had at least 50 bird houses on it. It was right here...now grown over. Maybe he was the same man.

birdville.JPG

Karin Bos

May 23, 2017
Maine
Thank you. This Birdville was in the woods, off Dover Road, near Miller Airpark...supposedly the same road/trail that leads into Hollow Field Cemetery.

Diablo2424

Scout
Sep 1, 2016
Shore
www.instagram.com
I too am interested in finding birdville!

A friend of mine is a photographer and bird watcher, I would love to take him to birdville to snap some pics... I see this trail (which leads to a creek, as mentioned in post 3 (https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/hollow-field-cemetery.5934/#post-70366)

Here's what I found, and the red line (which follows a trail) is cutoff at that creek at the bottom. Where in relation to this is birdville/hollow field cemetery?

MqngCDB.jpg

http://imgur.com/MqngCDB (link to view image larger)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thank you. This Birdville was in the woods, off Dover Road, near Miller Airpark...supposedly the same road/trail that leads into Hollow Field Cemetery.

Have you ever viewed the power point presentation called "The Ghost of Birdsville?"

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was given to me years back by the woman who created it. I will try and contact her and see if she would not mind me passing it along.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I wrote her. I has been a year since I heard from her.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I sent it to her but she has not responded. Holiday weekend so she may be away.

I think Ben is the only one who MAY be able to change your username. You can just create a new one but all of your posts and ratings are lost.