Hot dogs

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Anybody know what happened to the hot dog truck that used to be on RT539 near Pasadena Rd? Was there during the winter, but hasn't returned :cry:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Anybody know what happened to the hot dog truck that used to be on RT539 near Pasadena Rd? Was there during the winter, but hasn't returned :cry:

Ben, Jessica, and I stopped there once. He had moved a few times so maybe he was being pushed along.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
He has always been a fixture during hunting season, hope he wasn't forced out, that was the only place to get a bite to eat between RT70 and Lucilles.

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
One of my dogs was hit by a car Friday night. She is completely fine now. Nothing broken just really badly bruised. I had to drive to an emergency vet up near great adventure via 539 on Saturday and Sunday. I drove by this hot dog guy 4 times, almost stopped once. I think he was a little farther north at a different intersection. Might be a different guy though.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
One of my dogs was hit by a car Friday night. She is completely fine now. Nothing broken just really badly bruised. I had to drive to an emergency vet up near great adventure via 539 on Saturday and Sunday. I drove by this hot dog guy 4 times, almost stopped once. I think he was a little farther north at a different intersection. Might be a different guy though.

Thanks, hope the pooch is doing OK. I had a similar situation a couple of years ago.

This is the truck I'm talking about at the location they used. Not many locations north of here before 70 they could set up. There are a couple north of 70 though.

3523620964_60314f62ff_o.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is the one we visited. You can tell it is hot because he is in the shade. On cooler days he is closer to the road and away from the trees.

Guy

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
I really don't care :dance:

it's all about the taste....

I know.. I just couldn't help it. Always reminds me of John Candy and Dan Akroid in "The Great Outdoors." Those dirty water dog trucks put just the right amount of "snap" into those dogs. There's usually a port-o-potty nearby for a reason though.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
A hot dog with mustard and relish and a root beer snow cone is a tradition when I drive through Chatsworth in the summer. If you're ever in the Chatsworth area and you see a guy with blond hair on a trail or a lake, with relish on his chin wearing a t-shirt with brown, yellow, and green stains, just say, "Yo' Crazy," cause that's me.

* Please note: I did say those brown and yellow stains were on my shirt:D

Buck

Scout
Jan 23, 2007
Whiting
Joe the Hot Dog man died around Christmastime. About a week later a tow truck picked up the hot dog truck. Not sure what happened, but I heard it was carbon monoxide poisoning at his house.