Hot Today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We spent the morning searching for rattlesnakes and put about 10,000 steps on Jessica's Fitbit. Not one sighting. We also checked on some of the morning glory and it is starting to look promising. I believe we are on the cusp of having pine flies stalking us. Had a few bother me today.

This bug hung out with us for almost a half hour today. Been trying to identify it but have not as of yet.

IMG_0517a.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
They will identify that for you at bugguide.net. it's free but you have to make an account.Or I can take the pic and send it in myself.They usually ID within a few hours.They also have good sources to ID it yourself.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Placing flags at Hillcrest Cemetery at 13:30, my Jeep Commander's outdoor temp showed 92

I am assuming that is the one near Pitman? I see that is owned by Edlington where most of my moms family is currently residing.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Today is weird. Went out on some errands at 10:30 and it was 79 degrees. Just looked at the thermometer and at 12:30 it is now 68 degrees! Thunderstorms are moving through the area but have mostly missed me so far.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
We had downpours starting around 6am, rained steady and heavy until about an hour ago and is over with, radar shows it offshore. They are saying same stuff tomorrow morning.

Zach McGarvey

Explorer
Feb 11, 2018
Woodbury / Vineland NJ
Had a sudden hail storm last night around 6:30 pm that really pummeled the house and cars. Wasn't even time to run out and move my truck to the garage. The funny thing was, when I called my friend who lives one mile down the road and said "look outside, are you seeing this?" he answered "seeing what?". It seems like everywhere else just got a little thunder shower.

Made a big mess of the yard that I have yet to clean up but luckily no damage to the roof or cars.

Attachments

• hail1.jpg
    hail1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 176
  • hail2.jpg
    hail2.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 157

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I just felt that Guy started this thread to talk about his day in the pines, and thought it more appropriate to discuss rainfall totals in the other existing thread. Of course, everyone is free to post anything they like here.

Sorry if that confused you.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I just felt that Guy started this thread to talk about his day in the pines, and thought it more appropriate to discuss rainfall totals in the other existing thread. Of course, everyone is free to post anything they like here.

Sorry if that confused you.

Oh, now I get it. I actually thought it was the opposite, that you wanted us to talk more about the weather here. :p

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It really is a basic post that anything would fit right in. The weather is fine with me.

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Had a sudden hail storm last night around 6:30 pm that really pummeled the house and cars. Wasn't even time to run out and move my truck to the garage. The funny thing was, when I called my friend who lives one mile down the road and said "look outside, are you seeing this?" he answered "seeing what?". It seems like everywhere else just got a little thunder shower.

Made a big mess of the yard that I have yet to clean up but luckily no damage to the roof or cars.

You live by me I believe and we did not have hail.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Have you seen the news about the intense flooding near Baltimore from this same system? They need bigger boats, much bigger boats, ships actually. Sure hope it is not what's in store for tomorrow morning for us.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
From the NWS in Baltimore/Washington:

At 725 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain had fallen across the area this afternoon, with estimated amounts of 3 to 6 inches in southern Baltimore City and Baltimore County. Although additional rain is expected to be less heavy, earlier rain will continue to cause rises in streams, some at a rapid pace.

All the action seems to be South of NJ at the moment.

storm.png