Hunting Question

foofoo

Explorer
Sep 14, 2003
great day hunting fort dix today. i hunt the section next to hanover furnace. they call it area 6-e. didnt see a deer all day but sure was peaceful. not much shooting at the army target ranges today. dont fortget to thank the vets today! also that adult walk project on rt539 and rt70 sure looks ugly. i hate that intersection now. i say bring back the ice cream stand . if i win the mega maybe i will buy that intersection and knock everything down and plant some new pines.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
foofoo said:
if i win the mega maybe i will buy that intersection and knock everything down and plant some new pines.

Sounds like a good plan! I know there must be progress; however, I would have problems sleeping at nght if I did that to the intersection.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
woodjin said:
That intersection makes me sick to my stomach. It looks obscene. Jeff

You just described a rape, right? Thats what a clearcut is, a rape of the forest. Now they'll probably plant those damned non-natives like Bartlett Pear.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
woodjin said:
That intersection makes me sick to my stomach. It looks obscene. Jeff

I went by there Monday on my way out of state on a business trip. I did get an idea forming in my head. That instersection is really the gateway to the pines for those coming from the North and East. There are many, many more people who love and use the pines than there was, say, 20 years ago; canoers, kyakers, motorcyclists (street and dirt), horse back riders, botanists, photographers, birders, amateur archeologists, geocachers, hunters, fishermen, bicyclists, ghost town hunters, hikers, and even plain old explorers.

It has always been the case that those who publicly work to save the pines were small elite groups with the power and funding to be watchdogs and move towards protection and presrvation; Pinelands Preservation Alliance, The Nature Conservancy, The NJ Conservation Foundation, Audubon Society, etc.

Its time the rest of us plain citizens indicated in a public way that the Pines are worthy of protection, and that we are disatisfied with the direction we see things going. This intersection would be a fitting place to make a statement with signs and a peaceful protest some Saturday or Sunday. The signs could say something similar to:

"This is the Last Time, NO MORE PINES DEVELOPMENT!
"Not one more Inch! Time to Stop!
Pinelands Commission, Time to do your JOB!
Leave the Pines ALone!

Think of all the help we could get from all the groups who now use the pines. We could invite a photographer to come and story it. Think also of all the people driving 539 who would notice us and remember it.

I know, kind of corny, but its the way I's feeling tonite. And I only had one beer.