Hunting

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
Ahh! you found my weakness,grammar:) I am a most wonderfull speller but grammar and punctuation are my downfalls.
yes you are right much softer and a lot of ass bustin work to boot but not too complicated once you get the hang of it.
Gonna make a full buckskin outfit for myself,was thinking of trapper style with breeches,complete with fringe but hell now i may make myself a buckskin skirt,why not,making braintan used to be considered womans work anyway.
Take care,Piney Mike.
Proud to be a piney
from my nose down to my hiney!
Sheila
I do apologize for coming back at you with wisecracks.. guess you got the best of me (or worst).

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I do apologize for coming back at you with wisecracks.. guess you got the best of me (or worst).

You know you got me wondering now.Just how much land can you drive sucessfully with only eight people?The drives I witness down here on the southern edge of the Barrens often have well over 100 people.we have some very large clubs down here.Eight people would not be nearly as irritating as say 180 but no way could you drive as much land as they do.
I've been checking out your gallery and i saw some real purty country.reminded me of UP michigan that i have a fondness for and have spent some time in.Then I seen it was the Adirondacks.only been to the dack once but have always wanted to yak the upper Osewegatchie to it's source or as close as possible.
I saw the moose pic.your one up on me there.They are rare in UP but i saw tracks of once and piles of moose poo on a very wild section of beach along lake michigan.There were literally tons of some type of lake weed blown up along the sure and by the racks it looks like a lonely moose was munching on his greens.I wanted to camp there and wait him out to get my first sight of a moose but we had left our gear 50 miles away back at camp.I also saw plenty of moose sign when I drove to Maine and climbed katahdin when I was eighteen but again no Moose in person.
Bullwinkle has eluded me
I suppose if your criving with only eight people you have to know what your driving is worth it so maybe you guys are a bunch of trackers.I'd offer to kiss and make up but I'm sure you know under this buckskin dress I got the same stuff you do and so wouldn't appreciate the offer.lets just shake and make up.I'll even put my britches back on to do it:)
AL
PS
Oji I knew youd have something to say,I was just waiting:)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I'd offer to kiss and make up but I'm sure you know under this buckskin dress I got the same stuff you do and so wouldn't appreciate the offer.lets just shake and make up.I'll even put my britches back on to do it:)
AL

Would you 2 get a room already :)

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
You know you got me wondering now.Just how much land can you drive sucessfully with only eight people?
Not much, maybe 10-20 acre tracts. Thats with two flanks, a couple in the middle, and 2-3 shooters posted.
The drives I witness down here on the southern edge of the Barrens often have well over 100 people.we have some very large clubs down here.Eight people would not be nearly as irritating as say 180 but no way could you drive as much land as they do.
I can see why that could upset someone. You take any group of 100 people and you're bound to have a few buttholes.
I've been checking out your gallery
You reminded me, been meaning to put some more recent photos in there.. gonna do that now.
Then I seen it was the Adirondacks.only been to the dack once but have always wanted to yak the upper Osewegatchie to it's source or as close as possible.
My uncle and pops both have cabins in the Dacks.. been going there before I could walk.. great country. Goin next week actually.
I suppose if your criving with only eight people you have to know what your driving is worth it so maybe you guys are a bunch of trackers.
Im really not that big of a deer hunter since its so much work cleaning and sometimes a lot of waiting, maybe when I get older Ill spend more time at it, especially bow. I just wanted to explain that all drives aren't mass slaughter with a bunch of idiots shooting all over the place. For now, Id rather be upland bird hunting or waterfowling. I use the feathers to to flies for fly fishing, which is another love of mine.
I'd offer to kiss and make up but I'm sure you know under this buckskin dress I got the same stuff you do and so wouldn't appreciate the offer.lets just shake and make up.I'll even put my britches back on to do it:)
Consider it done! See you around.
AL
PS
Oji I knew youd have something to say,I was just waiting:)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
never been fly fishing but have always wanted to try it.I frequent Wva. a lot and see fly fisherman in the creeks working the stream.Thats my kind of fishing.I have to move,I can't sit on the bank and not catch anything.I like sitting on the bank and watching the world go by too but if I have to hold the pole I want to catch something.Thats why I like getting into the back bogs once in awhile though haven't done it in awhile and fish for pickerel.They always seem willing to bite and some places I've fished for them probably have seen very few fisherman,Jeff excepted.
I actually started to get into muzzleloader a few years back.My Dad gave me a .54 cal hawking flintlock he had and I got all my gear,found my old firearms license from the 80-'s so i could renew it and got the book and started to study what i needed to do to do it legal (imagine that:-0).I had four different places I wanted to hunt.two in the barrens and two down here.Already had em scouted and no one else appeared to be using them.I wanted to hunt from the ground or from a hole,never was comfortable trying to shoot out of a tree for some reason.Then I found out i needed a 30- dollar permit for each zone.Each spot i liked was in a different zone.Thats 120 big ones.I said hell with this.I can understand the state wanting to know how many deer are killed and where so they can manage the herd but does it take 30 bucks per zone to do that?How about just keeping tabs on a zone by hunters reporting where their kills were made and when the limit is reached flagging that zone from hunting?I doubt very many zones in this state are in danger of being hunted out.
By the way I'm not real keen on killing.I've done it but don't enjoy the actual act but realize this is the way things are but I do like making buckskin and it's very hard to find skins that are not knifed up when being removed so I figured if I kill and skin it myself I will get good skins.If they have kniife scores they tend to rip out in the staking and stretching process.
By the way I think the high peaks in the Dacks look like a minature set of the Rockies just so us easterners can enjoy them.If you ever want to check out some new beautiful wild country the Upper peninsula is awesome and very sparsely populated.The Keewenaw peninsula gets over 200 inches of snow a year.Folks ride snowmobiles and four wheelers up and down the streets and it's perfectly legal!And get this,you can be miles from the neares house and in the woods at dirt road intersections they have stop signs.You see they have thousands of miles of ATV trails and these intersect truck roads and occasionally they can use sections of truck roads.The signs kind of suck but it stops accidents.I alwyas wonder why there aren't more accidents in the barrens.I once almost had a head on with cysles in an enduro that I was not aware of and that no one marked out or was warning vehicles of.They ran me into a ditch and I thought I snapped an axle as bad as it sounded.It was out by hampton furnace.I flipped them the NJ high sign as i jumped out of the truck but I don't think anybody looked back.If I hadn't of went into the ditch I'd of had a couple of em in my front seat with me.I was told later by a buddy in enduro that that particular club is notorious for not guarding their routes.
Later,
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Would you 2 get a room already :)

No need for a room. Mike said I was too old for him and he didn't like the beard so we just shook on it.
Besides I've just joined CDA (cross dressers anonymous) and am trying hard to break my addiction to womens clothing.It all started with panty raids as a teen,No one told me I wasn't supposed to wear them later and it sort of progressed from there. At least i got into a group that acknowledges it's a problem.The liberal group next door are telling their class to express themselves and are promoting gender bending as the latest craze.
I just cut the heels off my hip waders,I'm done with theis sick crap,I'm gonna man up,buttercup!No more Sheila for me!
Al