I have no words.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Almost every year I scout out places for the Forked River Mountain Coalition cleanup. We like to know the places needing it in advance. This little pit SW of Bamber in Greenwood Forest often has some boards dumped here, or maybe a fire spot with a 'few' beer cans. This shocked me today. It makes no sense, almost like somebody said, let's go out there and throw crap around just to be jackasses. And then, let's drive on top of it.

1649464345891.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They are as much the enemy as off-roaders who drive in places they should not be at.
Almost every year I scout out places for the Forked River Mountain Coalition cleanup. We like to know the places needing it in advance. This little pit SW of Bamber in Greenwood Forest often has some boards dumped here, or maybe a fire spot with a 'few' beer cans. This shocked me today. It makes no sense, almost like somebody said, let's go out there and throw crap around just to be jackasses. And then, let's drive on top of it.

View attachment 17048

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
What a shame and I agree with Guy that between the illegal bikes and quads and the trash is what will get roads closed. Bob was that by the old bog? Another party spot is the one rye field by eureka.

Reactions: NJCoastal

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
What a shame and I agree with Guy that between the illegal bikes and quads and the trash is what will get roads closed. Bob was that by the old bog? Another party spot is the one rye field by eureka.
This one is close to old Carusoville (local name). Some call it Swains bogs, which is what you may mean. The dirt road in gets swarmed by repeat offendors.

1649600618979.png

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
I just don’t understand that if all these party spots are known by locals and others, then why wouldn’t this be known by law enforcement and be an easy stop to it by them.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I just don’t understand that if all these party spots are known by locals and others, then why wouldn’t this be known by law enforcement and be an easy stop to it by them.

It must boil down to statistics. It took less than 15 minutes to dump this. But the Greenwood Forest WMA is over 16,000 acres and the same officer is likely covering this, and Pasadena, and likely Double Trouble, and what not. And likely not covering the weekends unless some event comes up--and definitely not nights.

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
I've been down that road that leads to the bog with water, a good number of times, but not in recent years. There's always been trash at the foot of the road, and big stuff too. That should be a well-known dumping ground.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ

One could ask the same about the boom-box noise from Philly that comes across the river, shaking people's houses due to the bass. It's been a issue for years and law enforcement does nothing, that can be seen, to stop it.

That, along with this issue, will only be resolved when people take matters into their own hands, to show that there are consequences to their actions.

Pinesbucks

Explorer
Apr 15, 2013
Bob that was the area I was talking about. Could tell by the tree density and you other description. Absolutely disgusting.

Friend of mine was in Greenwood this past weekend and counted over 100 bikes none with registations and everyone had out of state plates in cars with trailers. I would hope the warden would just sit at their cars and right tickets but nope nowhere to be found.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob that was the area I was talking about. Could tell by the tree density and you other description. Absolutely disgusting.

Friend of mine was in Greenwood this past weekend and counted over 100 bikes none with registations and everyone had out of state plates in cars with trailers. I would hope the warden would just sit at their cars and right tickets but nope nowhere to be found.
Yeah, it's just the one Conservation Police Officer. I always thought they should do it with a task force of 4 to 5 men 6'2 or bigger. Maybe State Policemen on duty for 2 Saturdays a month until the word gets around. Make sure they are fully informed on the law regarding those vehicles.

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
The only state that doesn't offer a place to ride

There is more to it and it has been a topic of discussion here in the past. The Chatsworth Park was an experiment and a success but the opposition, not the State killed it and other places that were purchased. There is a park in South Jersey that never opened. The State has placed so many restrictions that make it unprofitable for a third party to operate, the State wants nothing to do with operating such a facility. A riding park helps a bit with bikes, quads, and mud trucks, but with changing interests with the popularity of side x sides I'm sure most would not be interested in a confined area.

Bog Mermaid

Nov 8, 2021
Folsom
There really isn't much you can do but post-incident work, like attend a cleanup in the Spring.
Can try to depending on when they happen. Had a few dumpsites local to me but couldn't touch them as they had been "under investigation". Contacted the CO for updates and in coclusion was told the NJBLM was going to clean up the sites but the garbage remains. The dumping continues.

• Sad
Reactions: Teegate