Idea

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Sometimes I get these, sometimes theyre bad, sometimes they are good. Let me know what you think and give me some suggestions.
Been considering opening an offroad driving school. I would use the pines and possibly 900 acres of private property. We'd go over mud, water,sand off camber situations hill climbs, saftey, Responsible off roading. Recovery by strap, winch and high lift. Baiscs of the vehicle such as what to bring with you, how to properly secure it, knowing where your water limits are such as intake. I would provide handheld CBs unless already equipped. Straps unless already equipped. This would be a 2 day class with a small test at the end, written and hands on. Figure 6 hours a day. maximum vehicle limit of 5 so that way I can take the time and speak with people as individuals rather than a class. At the end of the class you would get a certificate. I want to work a deal out with both Rausch Creek Offroad Park in PA and a parts supplier where if you show them the certictate you would get a few bucks off of admission and also maybe 10% off of a parts supplier. Obviously, this is going to cost me money to put together with all of the equipment the LLC and maintnance so obviously it will not be free. I thought of this because of how many newbies go and buy Jeep, FJs, Hummers, Rovers, etc. and totally destroy their vehicles due to lack of knowledge. Not only their vehicle do they destroy at times but also the land. I believe that doing this can help new 4x4 enthusiasts have a better, safer, more responsible and more enjoyable time

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Sounds like a good idea, stressing to "tread lightly" could reduce some of the damage we have all seen. Could I use this for class :v:. Good luck with your endeavor.
500x_smart_tank.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The NJ Beach Buggy Association runs similar schools for driving on the beach. You might want to check with the state if you'll be using public land. They frown on folks making a profit there. They pretty much frown on most things unless you pay them.

NJBBA beach driving program

http://www.njbba.org/beach-driving.html

Ariadne

Explorer
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, WV
I think the concept is a good one -- having done a lot of off-road driving myself lately, I realize that I could use some instruction. :)

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
The NJ Beach Buggy Association runs similar schools for driving on the beach. You might want to check with the state if you'll be using public land. They frown on folks making a profit there. They pretty much frown on most things unless you pay them.

NJBBA beach driving program

http://www.njbba.org/beach-driving.html

On state land I'd be going trail riding with friends and exchanging my knowledge free of charge. trhe schooling would be on private property

FJones

Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes I get these, sometimes theyre bad, sometimes they are good. Let me know what you think and give me some suggestions.
Been considering opening an offroad driving school. I would use the pines and possibly 900 acres of private property. We'd go over mud, water,sand off camber situations hill climbs, saftey, Responsible off roading. Recovery by strap, winch and high lift. Baiscs of the vehicle such as what to bring with you, how to properly secure it, knowing where your water limits are such as intake. I would provide handheld CBs unless already equipped. Straps unless already equipped. This would be a 2 day class with a small test at the end, written and hands on. Figure 6 hours a day. maximum vehicle limit of 5 so that way I can take the time and speak with people as individuals rather than a class. At the end of the class you would get a certificate. I want to work a deal out with both Rausch Creek Offroad Park in PA and a parts supplier where if you show them the certictate you would get a few bucks off of admission and also maybe 10% off of a parts supplier. Obviously, this is going to cost me money to put together with all of the equipment the LLC and maintnance so obviously it will not be free. I thought of this because of how many newbies go and buy Jeep, FJs, Hummers, Rovers, etc. and totally destroy their vehicles due to lack of knowledge. Not only their vehicle do they destroy at times but also the land. I believe that doing this can help new 4x4 enthusiasts have a better, safer, more responsible and more enjoyable time
this sounds like a great idea!!!!!! ive been offroading for a while now, but if the price is right, i'd do the school just for the fun and for the learning experience. i could always use more useful info for offroading! might even try to get someone who knows a good thing about first aid to teach alil about it too for those who are offroading and have to treat an injury, always a good thing to know also!!