I'll Never Tire Of This Spot

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I have lived in this area for over 2,000 weeks this year and I will never tire of this particular view. I literally have hundreds of photos from this same perspective, standing on an old dike road. In those 2,000 weeks, I have probably stood there over 2,000 times. I think of it as my front yard.

I have photos with and without dogs, with and without snow or in blizzard conditions, during sunsets, sunrises and everything in between.

This was taken last week about 35 minutes after sunset. My wife and I walk to this spot several times a week all year long in any weather and I will keep on doing it for as long as I can walk out the door.

bogIMG_1590.jpg

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Spectacular! How could anyone grow tired of that view? Best part is, I'll bet in 2,000 times you always saw something different!
What a beautiful, meditative shot. It would be interesting to see the shots of the same bog in all of the seasons and all conditions.

The Pine Barrens may not have mountains or glacial streams, but there are a lot of beautiful spots in 1,164,000 acres.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
What a beautiful, meditative shot. It would be interesting to see the shots of the same bog in all of the seasons and all conditions.

The Pine Barrens may not have mountains or glacial streams, but there are a lot of beautiful spots in 1,164,000 acres.
Here you go Jon. June 23, 2015. Less than an hour after one of the most violent set of storms I have ever seen passed through. We were without power for three days after this.

No filters or editing. My wife took the one of me filling wine buckets to get water to fill our toilets. No power = No water with a well. I use the other pic as the wallpaper in my phone and FB page.

skyIMG_0063.jpg
bucketsIMG_0061.JPG

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Here you go Jon. June 23, 2015. Less than an hour after one of the most violent set of storms I have ever seen passed through. We were without power for three days after this.

No filters or editing. My wife took the one of me filling wine buckets to get water to fill our toilets. No power = No water with a well. I use the other pic as the wallpaper in my phone and FB page.

View attachment 19218View attachment 19219
Awesome shots Scott. As violent and wild as the first shot was quiet and calm. There is something about a bog, that magnifies and reflects shots of snow, storms and beautiful skies.

I am wondering if that was the "derecho" as Boyd calls it that knocked out power all over south Jersey. We were without power for 4 days and my wife suggested that a Generac needed to be in our future, if we were going to live in the woods with a well and septic system.

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
Gorgeous shots, thank you for sharing.

I remember that storm well. It lifted heavy metal furniture off the deck and smashed it into the sliding glass doors. We were without power for a few days as well. I still have a picture of the power outage map.

IMG_20150624_160817.jpg

Here's a gigantic old tree it uprooted in downtown Medford, taking the sidewalk with it.

IMG_20150624_194413.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I am wondering if that was the "derecho" as Boyd calls it that knocked out power all over south Jersey. We were without power for 4 days and my wife suggested that a Generac needed to be in our future, if we were going to live in the woods with a well and septic system.

That was June 30, 2012 actually... and I certainly didn't invent the "derecho" name, that was from the National Weather Service! :D

I have a 7000-watt portable Generac that I roll outside during outages, it connects to a small transfer panel that lets me switch essential circuits (like the pump) to generator power.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe