Image Gallery Service

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
What do the rest of you recommend for an image gallery service? I want something easy and inexpensive. I don't care about the bells and whistles. I tried uploading to my Comcast page. It is awful.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
What do the rest of you recommend for an image gallery service? I want something easy and inexpensive. I don't care about the bells and whistles. I tried uploading to my Comcast page. It is awful.

Bob,

As I have said before, with an FTP client you can have photo's uploaded to Comcast in seconds. It works well. What is so awful?

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob,

As I have said before, with an FTP client you can have photo's uploaded to Comcast in seconds. It works well. What is so awful?

Guy

Guy, you have to be here to see. This should not be that hard. It is not user friendly at all. I think it is the Comcast site more than anything.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Bob,

Guy

Guy, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was using lower case for the photo file names, and/or I often had strange characters in the file names like ( ). The thing should not care, but it does.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was using lower case for the photo file names, and/or I often had strange characters in the file names like ( ). The thing should not care, but it does.

Comcast is very picky when it comes to file name. I have one file I was able to upload to my website, and I can't delete it. It has been there for almost a year.

Stick with it and it will get easier.

Guy