Image upload issue to a Post with new camera

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It looks fine to me. Here is a screen shot from my computer. I made it a thumbnail in the event your computer shows a scroll bar again.

screen.JPG

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I'm not a techy person, but see what I can do relating to photo editing software. I use a PC with Windows 10's Photo Gallery.

Rooftree, MS has free photo editing software that is very easy to use, Microsoft Office Picture Manager, which I use on Win 7. I do a 'save as' to save the resized file and just add RS to the filename, this maintains your original. There is also software that does not change your original, but this software is a bit more involved; it is called Lightroom from Adobe and it costs a bit of change.

If you have a copy of Office 2007, Picture Manager is on there. Folks have loaded it to Win 10 and say it does work. There is nothing similar on Win 10, however, there are free resizing software available, just use caution and do diligent research before downloading.

This is the link to the free Microsoft resizer for Win 10; they re now called 'apps' :rolleyes:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/imagine-resizer-free/9wzdncrdwwj8

Last edited:

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
Thanks 46er, for the added info on resizing. I'll take a look at it. I just got finished resizing 10 photos using Windows Paint in preparation of my next trip report post. I'll see how it goes.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
OK. It looks like I'm ready to post some photos. Thanks again Guy, for your help.

The scroll bar showed when I initially uploaded the photo. But when I hit 'Post Reply', the scroll bar disappeared.

That scroll bar is normal. When you see that you are in the editing portion of the post and can make changes. Once you post that goes away.