IMPORTANT: lidar, mobile and online subdomains are going away

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I need to re-organize the boydsmaps domain to deal with some technical issues. So, the following old addresses will stop working either tonight or tomorrow:

lidar.boydsmaps.com
mobile.boydsmaps.com
online.boydsmaps.com

These old sites were all discontinued a year ago but I have been redirecting them to boydsmaps.com. That will end today and any attempt to access them will result in an error to the effect that the server can't be found. Just use boydsmaps.com for everything now.

If you have bookmarks or links to these old sites, please update them by simply removing the first part - all links should begin with "boydsmaps" now. Are you still using the old boydsmaps mobile app on your phone?

icons.png

If so, it will stop working. Please delete it from your home screen and re-install the new app, it's quick and easy. Just go to boydsmaps.com on your phone and do the following

install.png

From the logfiles, I can see that some people still use these old subdomains. Sorry for the inconvenience, but those sites closed down long ago and it's time to make the change to the new site.

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
This transition is now complete, if you try to access mobile.boydsmaps.com on your phone you will see this (un-helpful) screen. The webmaster e-mail address is bogus, since these domains no longer exist.

mobile.png

This is what you will get from online.boydsmaps.com on your computer

online.png

Reactions: Wick