Interboro Gun Club Property Stones

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Toady, I wanted to check out the property stones along the Wharton and the Interboro Gun Club line on the east side of 563. I have explored on the west side and they have been rather basic. Unfortunately, the east side is full of briers and we took a beating to find these.

IMG_3221.JPG

Jessica did find a shell and we visited the ocean for a few seconds.

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3230.JPG

On our way home I stopped and photographed this fire truck that had blown out a tire and almost crashed. The driver said after the blow out he lost control for a few seconds and the vehicle went across the road and narrowly missed the pole on the other side. He regained control and brought it to a stop on the side of the road almost in a ditch. This was on 542 along the Mullica just past the sharp curve heading from Batsto to Green Bank.

IMG_3234.JPG

IMG_3236.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

IMG_3239.JPG

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Nice report as always Guy! That Norma fire truck was pretty far away from home (assuming it's the Norma over near Rt 55). Good thing he was able to bring it under control, could have been nasty!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is where it was from Boyd. They were taking it to have the door repaired, and now they need a few more repairs. The tow truck was coming from Bridgeton.

Guy

Oct 25, 2006
Guy

In the first pic, is that just normal wear and tear on the Monument ?

Did you and Jess have a blood sucking less day ?

Jim

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy

In the first pic, is that just normal wear and tear on the Monument ?

Did you and Jess have a blood sucking less day ?

Jim

I would guess and say yes it is normal wear. I say that because it is in the middle of some seriously dense briers, as were most of the stones we looked for there. Jessica has a few nasty cuts. And this morning before work she pulled a deer tick out of her ankle. We looked at it under the microscope I use and could barely see it. They look much different from a regular tick.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Interesting how things can vary.... I have not even seen a tick anywhere down here since early August. But it's been a terrible season for chiggers, although they seem to have subsided finally.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Nice report Guy. I can just picture you two with your ears pressed up against the shell "visiting the ocean" . I'm glad I wasn't the one driving that fire truck when the wheel blew, I guess they were pretty lucky things didn't turn out worse. that tire bit it hard.

Yeah, it looks like the chiggers chilled out mostly. I agree with Boyd, the chiggers have been terrible (until late) but I didn't see many ticks since mid summer.

Jeff

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
They owned 93.6676 acres which extended on both sides of the road. Notice I said owned, since I am not certain they own both sides now. They may have sold the East side to the state, and then again they may not have. I really am not certain. I am certain that they did own both sides and the stones we found were or are Interboro stones.

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
They owned 93.6676 acres which extended on both sides of the road. Notice I said owned, since I am not certain they own both sides now. They may have sold the East side to the state, and then again they may not have. I really am not certain. I am certain that they did own both sides and the stones we found were or are Interboro stones.

Guy

Here's a site I use occassionally in work for survey data.
NJACTB: New Jersey Association of County Tax Boards. It's free.
http://www.njactb.org/
Select record search at the top.

You can easily see what your neighbors pay in taxes and it is searchable by name, address, block or lot.
Just select county and municipality and fire away.

This should be the page for the Interboro property.

http://tax1.co.monmouth.nj.us/cgi-bin/m4.cgi?&district=0336&block=46&lot=24&qual=

We have a much better pay site in work with more info and mappings.

Anywho, according to the records, Interboro owns just 29.4 acres in Washington Township.

Enjoy.

Scott

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
Damn got to love that tax jump

Looked at the old survey that I have from my grandfather, done in 1955. Seems they did own property on that side of the road but it looks like only 4.5 acres. I think the Jones own that now. Behind that is 16 acres owned by Ron Hill
But I'm not great at reading a survey map

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is interesting that I most likely could go outside in the middle of the night when it is quiet and the owner could hear me :)

Looks like they sold some property.

interboro.jpg

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will do some major alterations of the map and you will be able to see where they owned.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is apparent the state now owns the East side; however, this shows the amount of property Interboro owned on both sides of the road. I must assume it conflicts with your map, and this map for some reason does not show the individual small properties that today are along the road on the East side. Either they were still owned by Interboro and sold separately, or this map is somewhat wrong.

Al and I have found most of the stones or monuments shows as circles on the map. Mostly all brier on the East side and not fun to visit. I guess that should have been a clue the state owns it.

IMG_7636.jpg

Guy

skip3

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
cc tx, Green Bank Nj
yea according to that map the property we have was part of the gun club. Like I said the survey I have is from 1955. Maybe that is when it was divided. looks like you found a bunch of my markers.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This map is plus or minus 2 years from yours.

So you own some or all of the east side?

Guy