Interesting At Atsion

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
All,
Couple weeks back when I was off and tromping Goshen, I was on an errand earlier in the day with my Mother-inlaw along (Sweet woman).
She always has her little cam along to grab a shot. I wanted to show her the Church at ATSION. She is not at all some Cemetary freak, I was just sure she would love a look at a church from simpler times and a little history of the area. She is totally amature remember but I thought these were clever and quite by accident. She wanted a pic of the Church proper inside to show some friends at her church but was back an inch or two from the glass on a couple shots. It caused the image of the cemetary to superimpose over the inside of the church. I thought it was awesome, just wanted to share. The last pic is a simple reflection of a building we all know, I just asked her to catch it on the way out. That one was intentional.

Ahh, the Hell with it! Don't laugh! I still suck at attaching to a post so just look in the last 3 images uploaded, or in my PICS file

G.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
CHURCH_OVERLAY.bmp

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Thanks, really enjoyed the pics. To me, the church and cemetary at Atsion are very thought provoking.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Thats a great shot. That cemetary has my favorite grave stone. It's a sepia picture of a soldier who died 1918 in wwI. I'll look for the picture.

normal_100-0001_IMG.JPG

normal_100-0004_IMG.JPG

Ed

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I know the stone. Cool. There is one also that has an ominous but Jammin' Inscription.

"Come young and old as you pass by.
As you are now as once was I.
As I am now so you shall be.
Prepare for death and follow me."