Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=625057

0309_burger_art.jpg

Health experts have roundly criticised the new Quad Burger from Hungry Jacks, which comes with four beef patties, four slices of cheese, two rashers of bacon, barbecue sauce, and two buns. It has no lettuce or vegetables.

The burger has more than 70g of fat and over 4520Kj (1000 calories) – half the daily recommended calorie intake for a woman and nearly one-third for a man.

:ham:

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
I bet people are lining up to eat them. I find it hard to believe that only has 1000 calories! I'd have guessed 2500. Four patties? Come ON!

I get nauseous just looking at it.

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
I could imagine trying to eat that after a long hike. I'd be dead in an hour

Imagine trying to eat it before a long hike. We once ate at hardy's on the way to Shenandoah, I lost my thick burger and curly fries a few hours later somewhere on the way up white oak canyon. I don't know what I was thinking.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
I used to eat a 1lb burger occasionally at Devones and believe me, after after struggling through the last few bites, I could barely squeeze in 3 or 4 more beers.

By the way, greetings from STILL FRICKIN HOT Florida. I envy youse and your upcoming changes in the weather.

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
Nice canyon. I hiked that about 9 years ago. It shocked me how beautiful it was.
Bobpbx,
It is truly awesome( even when sick from fast food). I just got back from an overnighter on the AT. Daleville to 311. Tinker cliffs and Mcafee knob were some of the best vistas I have seen. VA is a hikers paradise, Shenandoah alone could keep you busy for a year of weekend hikes. Have you ever hiked old rag?

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Old Rag Hikes

In my younger days I backpacked most of the Shenandoah trails, at least in the Northern and Central Districts. I have hiked Old Rag several times, including one Winter backpack trip that provided me with a view so beautiful that I remember it to this day. I hiked up Old Rag during an Ice Storm and on the way up I could overlook a cloud below me and all of the ridges and mountains in the west were covered in frozen ice and snow, a gorgeous view.