'It seemed to be a body from WWII'

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Does it seem odd that the first thing that came to my mind was...
Awesome Pinata!
Well, welcome to my mind.
Chances are you'd need a hellishly long stick though.

g.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I'm betting he was shot while hanging there because don't you think you'd cut yourself free and risk the fall before dieing of hunger or exposure?Or he may have been killed on impacting the tree.I wouldn't think there would be anything left but bones,must be some really weather esistant cord to hold him up that long.Gives whole new meaning to the phrase just hanging out.
Al

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I hope the BBC follows up with the results of the find.

Guy

professor yahaak

Oct 22, 2008
Reminds me of the WWII plane that revealed itself out of the sand at the beach last year in Great Britain. Just when one may think we've pretty much tapped into everything we're going to find, along comes a discovery such as this. Fantastic.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I'm betting he was shot while hanging there because don't you think you'd cut yourself free and risk the fall before dieing of hunger or exposure?Or he may have been killed on impacting the tree.I wouldn't think there would be anything left but bones,must be some really weather esistant cord to hold him up that long.Gives whole new meaning to the phrase just hanging out.
Al

Yeah, there are a lot of possible answers. He may have been too injured to free himself, in which case I imagine he would have passed out pretty quickly in that position. This reminds me of a story from a few years back where the frozen remains of an airman missing since 1945 were found on a mountain top in Northern California.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I smell cover-up!

Dig it!
Forget WWII Airman. This has Roswell written all over it.
Tree branch. Vines. Bahh!

But then, some of the world's mysteries are best left alone.
Keeps an air of intoxicating mystery about them.
Remember how Geraldo screwed us all with the vault?!
Think of what he would have done with stick boy here.

g.