Jan 1974 National Geographic

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I bought the magazine on Ebay after Teegate pointed it out.
I was the only bidder at $5.00.
I got it yesterday and its in new condition.
Great pictures and article.

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
I am glad you got the mag. Rednek. Imagine how thrilled I was, opening it up and seeing people in there I knew! Barry has another magazine he showed me that has a group of people standing outside a packinghouse. I knew most everyone in the photo, it was great. For some reason there was no caption that went along with the picture telling who the people were. I used to pack blueberries in that packinghouse. It is located in Moores Meadows...Sue........

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
B

BarryC

That hardcover editon of "The Pine Barrens" that has the photos in it- it's long out of print, so any time you can find one, get it! If it was in print, Marilyn would have it. I asked her about it last weekend.
Barry
TeeGate said:
And also for those of you who want the John McPhee book "The Pine Barrens", the hard cover special edition with photo's is also up for bid. This one has photo's of Friendship which many new members may want to bid on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6900160837&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Guy

Nichole

Dec 19, 2011
how this is great. i found this link by searching my uncles name, Haze Dilks. My mother is Edie Dilks and while reading this i seen someone actually mention my brother Christopher Simcox. I actually just started a group page on facebook today for the Dilks family. please if anyone has stories or questions feel free to ask. facebook search Nichole Dresleer or email hellz_queen@yahoo.com

Melanie Steinmetz

Feb 24, 2012
I'm not sure how I even came across the site, but I know the Dilks and Wills. Haze Dilks, sister, Harriett Wills and her kids use to be my neighbors growing up. Haze is a great guy. He dated an aunt of mine for awhile and was always a sweetheart to me growing up. So sorry to hear that Jackie Wills passed away a few years back.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I'm not sure how I even came across the site, but I know the Dilks and Wills. Haze Dilks, sister, Harriett Wills and her kids use to be my neighbors growing up. Haze is a great guy. He dated an aunt of mine for awhile and was always a sweetheart to me growing up. So sorry to hear that Jackie Wills passed away a few years back.

Melanie, are you any relation to Diane Steinmetz, of the family that lived on Pemberton / Browns Mills Road?

Melanie Steinmetz

Feb 24, 2012
Yes, you and I talked before somewhere. How is she doing, and what does she do? How is Ricky Kraft, if you remember him?
My Aunt Diane and Uncle Ricky Craft moved to Nebraska years ago, like over 30. They are divorced now, but she kept the last name even after remarrying. She is retired and spends her time between California and Nebraska. Diane was just in NJ last summer helping my Uncle Dennis recover from brain surgery. Uncle Ricky and their two sons are still living in Nebraska and are doing well. He loves riding his Harley.

Yes, we probably did talk somewhere before. I always end up on sites like this. I guess it's cause I miss home, even though I'm back 3-4 times a year.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Do me a favor if you can. Get me Ricky's phone number. He and I were best friends 40 years ago. Don't tell him I'm gonna call, it will surprise the hell out of him. I remember Diane's brother the most, but can't really remember his name. He was fairly short, and would be about 58 right now. He was a good wrestler in middle school. (maybe he was a cousin?). Did your mom have about 7 or 9 kids in her family?

What state do you live in now?

Melanie Steinmetz

Feb 24, 2012
Do me a favor if you can. Get me Ricky's phone number. He and I were best friends 40 years ago. Don't tell him I'm gonna call, it will surprise the hell out of him. I remember Diane's brother the most, but can't really remember his name. He was fairly short, and would be about 58 right now. He was a good wrestler in middle school. (maybe he was a cousin?). Did your mom have about 7 or 9 kids in her family?

All my family is short...haha. My grandparents had 14 kids. My dad is the 2nd oldest & he's 60. Then my Uncle Alan, who is also in Nebraska. I have to put my thinking cap on to remember if it was my Uncle Dennis (Denbo is what the called him back then) or Uncle Francis (Hiney) who came next, but they would be the ones to be around 58. Not sure if any of my uncles wrestled, that's something I'd have to ask my dad, but pretty much it was just them in Brown Mills/Pemberton. The rest of my Steinmetz family from my grandfather's side lived in Mt. Holly.

I've been living in Michigan for the past 18 years. Hoping to move down south soon. Getting tired of the cold & snow, although it hasn't been bad this year.

I will get in touch with Ricky's son and see about getting that number for you. Send me your email because I don't like posting phone numbers and such on public sites.

Melanie Steinmetz

Feb 24, 2012

is this bob moore?

Melanie Steinmetz

Feb 24, 2012

Actually Uncle Rick is on Facebook...you can look up me Melanie Steinmetz-Peters and find him and Diane.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Just a thought Melanie... you might want to consider using private messages for sharing anything personal. Cick the Inbox link at the top of your page, then click "Start a new conversation". :)

Melanie Steinmetz

Feb 24, 2012
Just a thought Melanie... you might want to consider using private messages for sharing anything personal. Cick the Inbox link at the top of your page, then click "Start a new conversation". :)
Thanks, didn't see that. It's kind of small using my phone at work.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
You could also click on Bob's (or anyone's) name next to one of his posts. One of the options in the pop-up should be "start a conversation".

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Did you have a relative who was or is named Dan Steinmetz who would have worked in Moorestown NJ at Locust Lane Dairy back in the 50s, 60s, and maybe the early 70s? I guess from what you have posted it may be from your grandfather's side. Dan would be or have been about 85 or maybe older now.

Guy