Janwar's passing

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

Long time member of this website Janwor (Janet Worrell) has passed away. Jessica and I met her almost 15 years ago after she out of the blue invited us to the rededication of the Batsto Library. Over the years she has helped me in various ways with information and resources that have helped me inform all of you. I am saddened by her passing.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...cle_27798d9c-2471-5b4a-aff9-265f744f570f.html

Guy

Reactions: Whughes76

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
The public will never grasp the great service that Janet provided to the historic component of Batsto Village and Wharton State Forest. She possessed a wealth of knowledge that connected the Hammonton community in particular, to Batsto's historic past. Humbly and without limelight she provided information, personal connections, and education about the area to any and all who were interested. She was always "on call" for references and assistance when the public had in-depth questions about Batsto Village and she consistently promoted the history of the area. Her presence and actions were substantial in the acquisition of items and documents at Wharton throughout the years. She was the good conscience and a respected contributor to the successful historic program there. Most of you would never have seen her, but anyone who visited Batsto Village benefited from her presence. All of this as a volunteer with a passion for the history of the area, who felt it was her privilege to serve the public. Every decision made was done so to benefit the visitors. Never self-serving. She was one of the most solid people I ever had the honor to work with. After leaving Wharton, I was blessed to occasionally work on projects with her and I will miss her dearly. Ripple effect, you will too.